Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 71,027 times)

Covenant81

So I guess this will also be the same with the Kindle ones. This is good to hear.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 23, 2020, 11:24:43 AM
I'm fully expecting the Alien side of things to be rebooted but I think it's 50/50 regarding the Predator side.

The dreaded fate of John Schaeffer and Machiko Noguchi...

Perfect-Organism

After turning the idea of AVP into so much rubbish over the years, Marvel would be well guided to turn the original series into a proper film VERBATIM.  No changes.  At all.  Maybe adjust the color palette a bit.  The same palette as worked on the Mandalorian would work here.  It would be the ultimate tribute to the fans who believed in the idea through all the years of BS.

Use Machiko too...

Xiggz456

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 23, 2020, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 23, 2020, 11:24:43 AM
I'm fully expecting the Alien side of things to be rebooted but I think it's 50/50 regarding the Predator side.

The dreaded fate of John Schaeffer and Machiko Noguchi...

https://i.gifer.com/BumS.gif

More like John Schaefer and Enoch Nakai. I lump the 90's AVP comics in with the 90's Aliens line since there's crossover between them; specifically with "War" being a sequel to "Berserker" and "DotS" referencing "Earth War" so Machiko has kinda already been rebooted out of the timeline along with all those stories. But to this day there's been no glaring contradictions with the Predator films and the Predator EU so one can hope Marvel doesn't discard or discount it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Disney doesn't care about continuity with anything. 

This is their baby now, it will have its own continuity with its own reboot under the Disney banner.

Nightmare Asylum

The only thing they might keep, the way Star Wars kept TCW, is Isolation.

j0nesy

imagine if disney wanted to make an isolation sequel  :o

which would probably go to ea  :-\

Tichinde

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 24, 2020, 04:49:29 PM

THE ALIEN HAS FOUND YOU!

pay 3 dollars for a flamethrower? or do you want to die and restart this whole segment?

j0nesy

:laugh: you joke, but we'll probably see microtransactions in cold iron's game, when it comes out in 2030

Perfect-Organism

Better not be any MT!

Nightmare Asylum

Well, the Cold Iron game is apparently going to be an open-world shlooter unfortunately, so microtransactions are essentially a guarantee. Hopefully it is like Destiny 2 where they are in no way required (the only thing I've ever spent money on in D2 is expansions/season passes, which makes sense given the game's MMO structure). But honestly, open-world in the Alien universe just feels off to me... Alien is all about cramped, dark corridors.

Kradan

Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 24, 2020, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 24, 2020, 04:49:29 PM

THE ALIEN HAS FOUND YOU!

pay 3 dollars for a flamethrower? or do you want to die and restart this whole segment?

So true

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 24, 2020, 06:37:20 PM
Well, the Cold Iron game is apparently going to be an open-world shlooter unfortunately, so microtransactions are essentially a guarantee. Hopefully it is like Destiny 2 where they are in no way required (the only thing I've ever spent money on in D2 is expansions/season passes, which makes sense given the game's MMO structure). But honestly, open-world in the Alien universe just feels off to me... Alien is all about cramped, dark corridors.

Nightmare, for someone like me who is not familiar with these terms in a practical sense, how does open world differ from say Isolation, ore even from some of the other Aliens games?  We had an open world in Colonial Marines didn't we?  We were allowed to walk around outside in many sections.  Am I missing something?

426Buddy

Open world refers to games like Elder Scrolls, GTA, Witcher, and Red Dead Redemption.

Predator Concrete Jungle was open world but no other games in either franchise as far as I can remember.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I have played literally none of those games.  So what this just means is that we will be dealing with a much larger map and it will be outdoors?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed