What's the best to get?

Started by Alien91, Apr 03, 2016, 06:14:01 PM

Author
What's the best to get? (Read 1,503 times)

Alien91

Alien91

Hey all-

Looking to finally complete my Alien and Predator blu ray collection and just wanted to know what are the best versions to get in terms of picture quality and special features/bonus content etc.

There seem to be so many different versions out there that I've lost track. So what is the best to get for the Alien franchise and Predator?

I know the Alien Anthology is probably the best but what's the difference between that and the Alien Quadrilogy blu ray?

Also is the Alien 35th anniversary blu ray edition worth getting too?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Anthology is the blu-ray version, the Quadrilogy was the DVD. The Anthology is perfectly fine. It's the Quadrilogy plus lots of new features and new restorations. A lot of the various "special editions" or boxsets are just repackages.

Darkness

Darkness

You could also get the 8-disc Prometheus to Alien Bluray set if you want the latest movie. The Alien 35th Anniversary includes a comic and some art cards. If you want the fancy packaging, you've got the Alien Anthology 35th Anniversary Edition - Giger/Nostromo Edition with lots of extras but it's hard to find now.

For Predator, you've got the Predator Trilogy blu-ray set.

windebieste

windebieste

Then, of course, there's THIS:

The 25th Anniversary Japanese pressing. The entire Quadrilogy mounted inside an Alien head. 

Too much crazy from Japan!

I understand there was a Euro version as well - but it lacked the cute little Kubrick figure that's also included in the Japanese edition.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really wanted to one of those beasts. Was a little too expensive for me at the time.

windebieste

windebieste

A half scale Alien head with a set of DVDs stored inside.  It's that kind of 'gotta have it' kind of madness.

Yeah, well.  As far as them being a 'little too expensive at the time', well, after 10 years they aint getting any cheaper, either. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed