Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 73,984 times)

Alienon

Alienon

I think - Alien5 is alive! New concepts from nowhere? Blomkamp just shared it? HAHAHA. No.  Alien5 is alive and more! The project in develop, but slow, very slow, But in develop. Maybe soon, we will hear the new details. I think Alien5 return.

SM

Not from nowhere.  He has a folio of art from the project.

Kane's other son

Good God, more Aliens rehashes: Aliens crawling inside an air vent, a dropship from 1986. No evolution, no new design ideas on the table.

SM

How many times has Aliens been rehashed for this to be "more'?

Kane's other son

Every time Blomkamp releases a piece of concept art or prop from his story.

SM

So... never?  ???

Alienon

Alienon

Another crazy idea - RS Alien Awakening and Blomkamp's Alien5 (was called Awakening too) - is the same movie.

RS put Awakening far way from original Alien and longer in time. And... emm. In 2199 WY will find David's lab (with living David) and also there will be Ripley, Hick, and Hewt (under cover). David attack humans with xeno. New model Bishop fight with him. And, finally, Enginers find this place too and attack all. In the end from David appears whi will kill everybody. Newt escape from planet for another siquel.

Masterpiece.

Russ

I think it would be quite cool if they did go down the 80s analogue tech route (assuming something like this project ever got off the ground). Vectors and DOS all the way.

So the 80s dropship is all fine with me... it they were going to make a direct sequel to Cameron's film, that'd be neat. Though there's an argument to say if this happens 30 years after Hadley's Hope, look how far our own tech has developed in that period.

But ... it'd look awesome *lol*

reecebomb

Aliens sequel is a bad idea, mainly because I really like Alien 3 and I'm certain his sequel wouldn't be as good and would mess up the franchise even further. The prequels are what they are, at least the original series timeline is intact, let it stay that way.

But let Blomkam do the next AvP movie, set in the future and Aliens technology. A film version of AvP 1999, yes please!

windebieste

An 'ALIENS' sequel is very possible without retconning 'ALIEN 3'.  The only real problem is Ripley.  Make 'ALIENS 2' about the discovery of the Covenant and send some marines on board to investigate the ship that's been lost for 70 years...  Easy.

Just ditch any idea of Ripley being involved.  Said it many times before.  I even like the idea of Blomkamp making an 'ALIENS 2'. 

-Windebieste.

reecebomb

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 27, 2017, 11:36:23 AM
An 'ALIENS' sequel is very possible without retconning 'ALIEN 3'.  The only real problem is Ripley.  Make 'ALIENS 2' about the discovery of the Covenant and send some marines on board to investigate the ship that's been lost for 70 years...  Easy.

Just ditch any idea of Ripley being involved.  Said it many times before.  I even like the idea of Blomkamp making an 'ALIENS 2'. 

-Windebieste.

That could work but Blomkamp wouldn't do it without Weaver, that much is certain. And personally I don't want any movie that takes place in the original timeline so much as hint of Covenants existence. Take the Isolation approach, I don't remember any Prometheus stuff in it. I think we finally deserve a proper Aliens style AvP film (tech, look, feel), Blomkamp could make it work.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 27, 2017, 11:54:34 AM
That could work but Blomkamp wouldn't do it without Weaver, that much is certain.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The project had initially started a Weaver and Ripley-less concept.

MaXenaeL

Let the Alter-Alien live!!! Blomkamp is a last hope for the franchise  :(

reecebomb

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 11:55:59 AM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 27, 2017, 11:54:34 AM
That could work but Blomkamp wouldn't do it without Weaver, that much is certain.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The project had initially started a Weaver and Ripley-less concept.

Perhaps, but he and Weaver have had already worked on multiple projects together and he would no doubt feel the pressure to include Weaver unless she herself wouldn't want to do it,  just a speculation. Disney would approve the inclusion of Ripley, just like they did with the old characters in Star Wars.

Vrastal

I really dont want him to touch this franchise. At least maybe now with disney buying the IP we can can new charecters and story that doesnt have to do wirh ripley

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed