The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 383,468 times)

OmegaZilla

i already have a lot of his works in 3 paperbacks, which are annotated as well, but when i saw that beautiful thing for like £13, i couldn't say no. the pages are gold edged, it's bound in leather, and there some beautiful illustrations inside the covers too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shit, my complete Anthology does not have that.

Do want.

Mine has a Lovecraft caricature on the cover:

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 04, 2011, 12:00:43 PM
Shit, my complete Anthology does not have that.

Do want.

Mine has a Lovecraft caricature on the cover:
http://static.blogo.it/booksblog/Lovecraft_tutte_le_opere_newton.jpg

oh cool, is it translated into italian? if so and you ever want to read the stories in their original english it's a nice anthology, but i do actually recommend the Penguin paperbacks i have, because they are annotated with little facts and information about the stories.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, it's translated in italian. The only Lovecraft Story I've ever read in original language is The Call of Cthulhu over the internet.
In fact I did have the intention to buy a complete anthology in original language. Yours seems to be the best bet.

keylight-di

So... it seems that I have something similar what AvatarIII has. "The best tales" vol 1 and 2, with many added details, facts, descriptions... Of course translated in my native language. ;)

Spoiler
Sorry for so lame pics...  :-\

[close]

King Rathalos

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jul 04, 2011, 06:04:48 AM
So a British doctor asks me do I want to go back in time and I say yes, and then he asks what time and I said the mother F*cking 90s.  So I end up going in this big blue box and I go into the 90s and pick this up and come back to 2011 to play it.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u182/thedicker/ocarinaoftimecover.jpg?t=1241917244

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 04, 2011, 01:56:37 PM
So... it seems that I have something similar what AvatarIII has. "The best tales" vol 1 and 2, with many added details, facts, descriptions... Of course translated in my native language. ;)

Spoiler

[close]
I didn't know that!! What tales have you read?

keylight-di

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 04, 2011, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 04, 2011, 01:56:37 PM

Spoiler

[close]
I didn't know that!! What tales have you read?

I read everything what is there... ;)
I could borrow you this if you wish. :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh you don't need to. What do you think of those, and what is your favourite story so far?

Ghost Rider

keylight-di

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 04, 2011, 02:43:50 PM
Oh you don't need to. What do you think of those, and what is your favourite story so far?

Well, it would be hard for you to read it, but... learning languages can be useful... ;)
You know, last time I read this book 5 years ago or so... So it's hard to say now... I liked even these weird titles of tales, and honestly I'm not sure I can translate correctly titles... "Rats in walls" (similar to Wolves in walls a bit ;)), "the Call of Cthulhu" of course and "From the beyond" and "In the Mouth of Madness" (so different than movie ;)).... My list would be long.
The best for me is that Lovercraft is the father of "The X-files" IMHO. Symbolically of course. ;)

Effectz

Effectz

Lie

First Blood

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 04, 2011, 09:13:43 AM

Oh mah' gawd. I have volumes 1-3 and they're absolutely beautiful books, bound in cloth (as I am sure you can attest to) but, have you begun to read it yet? How are the stories in this volume? Mignola never fails to deliver. Tell me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed