Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 281,068 times)

Protozoid

Quote from: newagescamartist on Jun 18, 2017, 07:59:02 PM
Prometheus and Covenant also got pretty decent reviews too so it's not like everyone universally hates those two movies. I think it's easier to get caught up in the negativity when discussing this stuff with hardcore fans. I bet Fox lowers the budget, and Scott will make one more.
Good point about the reviews. Fox might chalk up the middling performance of the movie to an overall poor summer, lots of competition, and franchise fatigue. They can try again, hopefully with a fresher approach more akin to Prometheus. Lots of the reviews indicated that Covenant should have been more ambitious with the story rather than retreading familiar ground.

bb-15

Quote from: Kane's other son on Jun 18, 2017, 06:17:55 PM
Scott will probably hand over the reigns to someone new and stay on board as a producer.
He'll soon be 80, has a full slate and a big enough ego to not be very content with the lukewarm reception of Covenant. Not to mention that Fox will most definitely demand a lower budget. I guess around $75 million or so.

All interesting questions about whether there will be another prequel, if so who will direct and what will be the budget?
Kane's guesses fit the projections about final box office.

* What is known is that "Covenant" BO is now at about $215 million worldwide.
- From that I can speculate that it will end up in the $225 to $230 million range.
That would be underperforming but OK. Taking the ratio of box office divided by production budget; "Covenant" will probably do a little better than "Resurrection" and a little worse than "AVP".

- If there is another Alien movie, imo it would get something like the budget for "Life", in the $58 million range.
Such a budget could push out Ridley Scott from directing it.

;)

gantarat

How much Studios get money/share from $215 million ?

D. Compton Ambrose

Forbes is basically confirming A:C is screwed.

Aquarius8

After topping the China Box Office "Covenant" becomes the 2nd Highest Grossing film in the Alien Franchise Globally.  Ridley Scott's "Alien Prequel Series" has crossed 600 Million at the Global Box Office and about 200 Million at the Domestic Box Office:

Prometheus
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $126,477,084      31.4%
+ Foreign:    $276,877,385      68.6%
= Worldwide:    $403,354,469   

A:Covenant
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:    $72,660,985      33.8%
+ Foreign:    $142,300,000      66.2%
= Worldwide:    $214,960,985   

D. Compton Ambrose

Anthony

Anthony

D. Compton Ambrose

Hahaha, good one.

juxtapose

it still has monday to thursday to make some extra bucks in china. .it might be as much as another 10 to 15 mil. With the arival of Transformers next weekend every movie currently on the chinese circuit  will nosedive of a cliff. .so next weekend i think another 5 mil sounds about right for covenant and then by the end of it's run i am guessing about 25 mil added to the 215 it's already make. .then japan in september another 20 mil. .so 260 final global sounds like my best guess. .obviously i hope it does more. .

Corporal Hicks

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-alien-covenant-scares-up-30m-debut-1014609

Just under $30 million over the weekend over all. Honestly, that's more than I was expecting.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2017, 07:41:45 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-alien-covenant-scares-up-30m-debut-1014609

Just under $30 million over the weekend over all. Honestly, that's more than I was expecting.
Same, and Prometheus made $34 million there in total.

Corporal Hicks

Do we know where that figure was reported for Prometheus?

Ingwar

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed