Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Prometheus Set Pics (Read 67,607 times)

Highland

Quote from: nendo on Aug 04, 2011, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2011, 09:40:30 AM
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Aug 04, 2011, 09:07:17 AM
No one knows atm, what the head is...

Could be some kind of cryo chamber, a control room, an AI, just a statue, toilet or a next generation gaming console.

I thought the Head was the Pilot of Prometheus?

isnt the human ship prometheus though

I thought that too, but early reports suggested the ship was piloted by a giant head. It now seems this head is part of the discovery if the pictures are anything to go by. Unless of course the Humans steal the ship.

Pn2501

Pn2501

In the shadow 19 script humans are sent to repair prometheus., might not be the only human ship.

Esoteric_Voyage

has anyone considered that this Head is actually just
a statue  of the Space Jockey's head, or a relevant specie of its race?
i really doubt that is a human head. i also doubt ridley scott is gonna relate Humans-to-Jockey's. 
what can the head being human imply or contribute to the story that would make sense?

i think its a human head and perhaps the jockey is inside it, perhaps atop of the head is where the jockey comes out?

i think what Prometheus will loosely explain, is what the Technology and purpose of the aliens DNA is, the bigger picture.

the question im not sure about, is, are chest burster aliens pre-alien before host? or do they actually take on the hosts features? i read that originally the ALIEN doesnt take on the hosts features despite the dog alien in 3, and that the alien is premade and is just "birthed" from the human?

if this is so, then the alien design is native, and is irrelevent that oen came out the space jockey's chest in the LV-426 ship. if not then i guess its implied we will learn what the original alien creature is like and that the aliens we're accustomed to are only jockey-designed/inherited.

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Aug 04, 2011, 03:33:37 PM
has anyone considered that this Head is actually just
a statue  of the Space Jockey's head, or a relevant specie of its race?
i really doubt that is a human head. i also doubt ridley scott is gonna relate Humans-to-Jockey's. 
what can the head being human imply or contribute to the story that would make sense?

That earth was populated by the space jockies.

worriors

where are the pics???

locusta

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2011, 02:21:28 PM

Could be some kind of cryo chamber, a control room, an AI, just a statue, toilet or a next generation gaming console.

I thought that too, but early reports suggested the ship was piloted by a giant head. It now seems this head is part of the discovery if the pictures are anything to go by. Unless of course the Humans steal the ship.

remeber the leaked photos with the entrance to the cave and the room with the jars.then the screens from comic con.the giant room with the heads is the same.the big head is in it.it's not a ship.it's a cave.so that head doesn't pilot anything.

if indeed there is a head that is flying a space ship we haven't see it yet.and that one it's probably all cgi.and the cgi work hasn't even begun yet

nendo

nendo

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 04, 2011, 07:40:21 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2011, 02:21:28 PM

remeber the leaked photos with the entrance to the cave and the room with the jars.then the screens from comic con.the giant room with the heads is the same.the big head is in it.it's not a ship.it's a cave.so that head doesn't pilot anything.

if indeed there is a head that is flying a space ship we haven't see it yet.and that one it's probably all cgi.and the cgi work hasn't even begun yet

the head is practical. its was built as part of the set

ikarop

KFS

KFS

It's a ship.
There is first a stone entrance then there is a biomechnoid door.
If you look closely around the second door you will structures like the derelict ship.

The engineer is very humanoid, not human per se.
The Massive head is a clue, nose, ears.
I think the report which says the ship is piloted by a giant head is misinterpreted.
Inside the head is the Engineer's navigation system, the famous chair.
It might also be his cryo chamber.

Highland

Quote from: KFS on Aug 04, 2011, 11:39:29 PM

It's a ship.
If you look closely around the second door you will structures like the derelict ship.

I think the report which says the ship is piloted by a giant head is misinterpreted.

I like this theory.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: KFS on Aug 04, 2011, 11:39:29 PM

It's a ship.

Shades of 'The Wizard of Oz'.

"...Pay no attention to that Space Jockey behind the curtain!..."

locusta

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Aug 02, 2011, 11:10:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2011, 10:35:27 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/prommy1.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Hicks. I wonder what's in dem crazeh jars...

Call me a fool, but is it only me or does the hallway way more like a Predator design, style then Giger???

I mean it is not bonestructured or has organic shapes. It is just mechanical. And the pattern carving on the floor look anything then Derelict ship design (or the same origin)  ??? ??? ???

Never say no to Panda!

They may pimp 'em up with CGI  ;)

KFS

KFS

I tought the same thing. It feels less bones like.
It has the same design but more mechanical than organic.
All of this has probably to do with the fact that Giger is "just" a consultant but probably because Ridley wants to make some subtle changes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed