Actors playing the Predators

Started by Johnny Handsome, Feb 09, 2017, 01:50:26 PM

Author
Actors playing the Predators (Read 32,452 times)

Corporal Hicks

My life - he looks massive with those stilts! Really looking forward to actually seeing some proper bts stills of the creatures!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Still no sign of an actor playing the captured pred. Do you think one of the actors already casted (Strauts, Prince...) could play more than one pred ? I mean, that already happened in the past so...

skull-splitter

As long as they are good with movement, I am totally fine with whoever plays the predators.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Any tall guy can just put on that Predator suit and mask, but the question is, Can they move and mimic Kevin Peter Hall? first AVP predators sure as hell didnt, I hated that movie because of that. Felt like I was watching Robocop in a Predator suit. Stiffnes to the max

skull-splitter

Largely due to the bulk, one of the few things AvP-R actually improved using the very same actor.

Rewatching P2, it became really clear it's the one armed stuntman running from Glover in the appartment.

goose_3387

goose_3387

CGI Predator then?...

Original Predator

Quote from: Lionhart on May 07, 2018, 06:53:11 PM
Any tall guy can just put on that Predator suit and mask, but the question is, Can they move and mimic Kevin Peter Hall? first AVP predators sure as hell didnt, I hated that movie because of that. Felt like I was watching Robocop in a Predator suit. Stiffnes to the max

Spot on. 

Would love to rank other Pred Actors after KPH.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.  I truly believe that once Hall died, the Pred died with him. 

I think that is part of the problem with these Pred movies, these actors don't seem to care much about moving like a alien-creature, reacting like an alien-creature, in a different atmosphere, planet etc. 

It literally looks like dude's in costumes, not very convincing.  It's part of the whole "humanize" the Pred bit that Fox has gone thru. 

"Well since we can't find a tall guy to give a crap about making this thing move/act like a creature from another planet then we'll just make them friends with the human characters and they can work together...."

Watch KPH Act the Waterfall scene in Pred and the Slaughterhouse scene in Pred 2 (peak moments of an already peak performance).
There  has been nothing acted since even close.

Have any of these tall-buff actors after KPH spoken with any reverence or study of KPH?  Or do they just act like typical gym dudes and get paid? cuz....seems like it.

Lionhart

Lionhart

I see stiffness when I look at that Avp division

Quote from: Original Predator on May 07, 2018, 09:10:40 PM

Spot on. 

Would love to rank other Pred Actors after KPH.  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them.  I truly believe that once Hall died, the Pred died with him. 

I think that is part of the problem with these Pred movies, these actors don't seem to care much about moving like a alien-creature, reacting like an alien-creature, in a different atmosphere, planet etc. 

It literally looks like dude's in costumes, not very convincing.  It's part of the whole "humanize" the Pred bit that Fox has gone thru. 

"Well since we can't find a tall guy to give a crap about making this thing move/act like a creature from another planet then we'll just make them friends with the human characters and they can work together...."

Watch KPH Act the Waterfall scene in Pred and the Slaughterhouse scene in Pred 2 (peak moments of an already peak performance).

Have any of these tall-buff actors after KPH spoken with any reverence or study of KPH?  Or do they just act like typical gym dudes and get paid? cuz....seems like it.
Very true

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 07, 2018, 07:21:12 PM
Largely due to the bulk, one of the few things AvP-R actually improved using the very same actor.

Rewatching P2, it became really clear it's the one armed stuntman running from Glover in the appartment.
Yeah, that I agree on.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: goose_3387 on May 07, 2018, 08:22:31 PM
CGI Predator then?...

We've seen practical suits. I imagine they'll be a mix.

I'd disagree with that. There's no denying KPH is the original but Ian Whyte did a great job in AvPR.

Master

Master

It's strang they didn't approach him for pradators or this one. He was one of the highlights of AvP movies after all.

If the Upgrade is what it was in the scrpit I think he'll be heavily cgi enhanced.

Corporal Hicks

Re: Ian Whyte in Predators -

QuoteAvPGalaxy – In 2010 the third Predator film Predators was released but you didn't appear as a Predator in it. I was curious as to if you were ever approached for the film?

Ian Whyte – Yes, I was approached. I was just finishing up Clash of the Titans as I recall and I remember speaking to the stunt coordinator about it briefly. But KNB were creating the costume effects and they obviously had their own casting brief and their own logistical priorities, seeing as the film was to be shot in Texas and Hawaii.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/ian-whyte-2/

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 08, 2018, 07:29:21 AM
Quote from: goose_3387 on May 07, 2018, 08:22:31 PM
CGI Predator then?...

We've seen practical suits. I imagine they'll be a mix.

I'd disagree with that. There's no denying KPH is the original but Ian Whyte did a great job in AvPR.

Was still hoping the main Pred was a practical suit but given he's like 10 foot tall in the script I guess he will be full CGI.

The joy of KPH playing the Predator is that even now after 31 years you can still look back at production photos and (me personally) still see a practical suit that looks as real as anything.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

You just saw pictures of a guy with huge stilts, that's a hint it probably won't be full CGI.

And I agree on Ian Whyte, he doesn't get enough credit for his performance in AVPR.

Wysps

Wysps

Spot on. 

Whyte's performance in AVPR was up there for me in terms of keeping the "alien" aspect of the Pred alive.  But other than the first two movies and AVPR, yeah I agree the others have kind of failed to capture how alien the Preds are supposed to be.  I definitely feel the "humans in suits" vibe.  I think making them taller and bigger each movie could also make it more difficult for the actors to "act" in the suits when they're probably focusing on keeping themselves upright.  I can't imagine walking on those stilts  :o

Original Predator

Like the idea of at least incorporating the "tall" into "Super".  It will actually feel and look different vs. the "super" preds that literally only had a different face, otherwise nothing felt or looked superior.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed