Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years”

Started by Keyes, Jun 06, 2011, 03:57:18 PM

Author
Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years” (Read 40,324 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 07, 2011, 08:10:20 PM
You want something to bind franchise together? Be my guest. Set it on the deser where Pred is obviously killing and then send Garber`s team there to investigate. They are aware what`s going on. They are prepared  and they can give biger insight to creature, as they are obviously studying it for long time. Prefect predator sequel, right here.

Either this or... a new Predator continuity which is a straight up reboot, with nothing to do with the last five movies.. Not even the original.

Something to stand entirely on it's own and form a new lineage.

-Rakai'Thwei

Predator Queen

You left Predator movie for 250,000$ diffrence Arnie... I am so upset...
A FEW YEARS! HOW LONG IS THAT?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 08, 2011, 01:38:53 AM

Maybe five to six years at the most... two to three at the least, knowing Hollywood.

Personally, I'm hoping ten years but that ain't gonna happen.

-Rakai'Thwei

Spidey3121

Any new Predator film, or series, regardless of whether it's intended to start anew will always draw comparisons to all other Predator films. Really, Predators could have done the job if they edited out the references to Arnold's team from the original.

Master

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 08, 2011, 02:25:23 AM

Maybe five to six years at the most... two to three at the least, knowing Hollywood.

-Rakai'Thwei

I`m hoping franchise won`t go into suspension for such liong time. We aren`t geting any younger Rakai. Neither are the actors (I`m talking about Adam Baldwine, not Arnie as he is to old already to be believeble in Predator film). They shouldn`t wait till 2020. I think year or two after Prometheus is good time for next Predator or AvP... though I`d prefere Predator.

bleau

Quote from: Master on Jun 08, 2011, 06:21:25 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 08, 2011, 02:25:23 AM

-Rakai'Thwei

I`m hoping franchise won`t go into suspension for such liong time. We aren`t geting any younger Rakai. Neither are the actors (I`m talking about Adam Baldwine, not Arnie as he is to old already to be believeble in Predator film). They shouldn`t wait till 2020. I think year or two after Prometheus is good time for next Predator or AvP... though I`d prefere Predator.

Yeah, I'd like to see a new Predator sequel two maybe three years after Prometheus. Then a few years latter possibly AvP reboot. Hopefully they do it right.

grobda

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 07, 2011, 03:48:56 PM
The franchise needs a damn rest, but something more than just "A couple" of years.

I'd say maybe another ten or even twenty years would do the franchise some good. Ten being the least.. but then again knowing Hollywood, we're looking at maybe another four. And that damn sure isn't enough time to give it a rest.

Hearing that the franchise is getting a rest, with a potential reboot/remake/sequel... is kind of pleasing and unnerving. Pleasing because it's getting a rest for god knows how long. Unnerving because we don't know what we're gonna get.

-Rakai'Thwei

The franchise ALREADY had MORE THAN ENOUGH rest!

Another ten or twenty years at least you say? I don't know if I should praise you for your limitless 'patience' (if it can even be called that) or...

grobda

Quote from: Rich Green Acid Blood on Jun 07, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
Someday there will be a Predator 3 starring Dutch.

We ALREADY have Predator 3 called Predators.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 08, 2011, 06:21:25 AM

I strongly believe that too much of a good thing can be bad. I mean we've had already.. what? Three movies pumped out within the last seven years. That's pretty fast in order to dish out movies, and I think a well deserved rest for the franchise would be good.

I wouldn't mind an AVP film, but as for a PREDATOR(S) sequel... No. Especially after how I was disappointed with PREDATORS and the confusion it's caused, not to mention the man who was behind it.

If anything, a straight up PREDATOR reboot would be fine as it is. Start a new timeline or new Predator universe. It shouldn't have any connection to the previous five movies, not even the original. It shouldn't be a sequel, not a remake, but a straight up stand-alone, reboot. Davis wants to re-invent the franchise? I say step away from the old continuities, and do a new one altogether.

To everyone saying "BRING BACK AH-NULD!" ....Seriously?

Leave the man alone, he's sixty three years old and by the time a Predator film is announced, he's going to be what? Sixty five? Sixty six at the most? Not to mention Arnold has his hands on other issues such as his Superhero movie project, and is already in talks for Terminator 5, so he's going to be pretty busy and there is no telling when a Predator film is going to be announced again.

You want an action stars for this movie? Hell, get Jason Statham or Dwayne Johnson. Maybe even Terry Crews.

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Vin Diesel and Dwane Johnson combo would be neat. Arnold, no of course not. But tihs new film should be here in few year time, not few decades. If we wait too long then what we get is another "going back to the roots shit, in jungle with wristblades and PC for third f**king time".

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 08, 2011, 06:30:28 PM
Vin Diesel and Dwane Johnson combo would be neat. Arnold, no of course not. But tihs new film should be here in few year time, not few decades. If we wait too long then what we get is another "going back to the roots shit, in jungle with wristblades and PC for third f**king time".

And I understand where your coming from.

If you want a new film in maybe... three to six years time, six being the most, then it should be a straight up reboot is all I'm going to say.

And if they do a reboot, please, none of that BSP bullshit. Those.... things... really weren't needed.

-Rakai'Thwei

Master

Master

BSP were somewhat new, and new is not bad. The BAD is redoing same thing every time. But it`s always worse as no copy of original is ever as good as original. I don`t want another waterfall scene, no stick around, no ugly motherf**ker, no over here etc. etc.

I`m tired with all those attempts to recapture the feeling of original. This one of reasons why I don`t want Arnold back. I want film that wil take same aproach as P2. Same creature*, same universe but totaly different environment and theme.

*By saying same creature I didn`t mean Anytime`s clone one more time. Different creature of same species. SP or Normal, I don`t give God damn.

Scree

I have no problem with Predator movies on hold for now. It's time to go back to AVP and make the third movie. I want to know what happens after Yutani got the Predator gun.

Master

I`d rather like to know what happened with Bovotoya Queen.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

You're right, new is not bad but I just don't think that the BSPs weren't really needed. To me it totally degraded the original concept of the Predator, and the whole Preserve Planet thing just made the idea of going to other worlds to hunt very redundant. Simply put, I just didn't like the last movie because I disagreed with many of the concepts they introduced and felt as if they weren't simply needed.

You know, Master, I actually LIKE talking to you. Wanna know why? Cause you're not elitist and you don't try to slam down people for differing opinions.  ;D

But anyway, I understand what you're saying. PREDATORS was a homage fest. I'm not going to lie, nor am I going to sugar coat my experience from watching the movie. It was a homage fest. Plain and simple. From the dialogue lines, to the environment and even to the Classic Predator who was admittedly, a bone thrown to the fans.

While I understand you want a continuation of the continuity, there is where I disagree. I think a straight up reboot/new continuity/AU would be good.

Where I do agree with you is that yes, bring in a member of the original Predator species, do what P2 did, put it in the desert on Earth... Or set it far ahead into the future and put it on a space station. Or put it in an under ocean facility.

As for an AvP film... well, I welcome the idea of what happened to the Antarctic Queen. Either she had been crushed by the oceanic abysmal pressure, or she might be frozen once again. So many possibilities there. If you want to restore the AvP idea... here is what you do... Salvage AvP, retcon AvP-R (I liked the film, but it's flawed and to satisfy everyone, why not retcon it?) and replace it with a story involving the Antarctic Queen somehow being found hundreds of years later.

-Rakai'Thwei

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed