Blaine's Death

Started by Darkness, Mar 30, 2007, 09:10:03 AM

Author
Blaine's Death (Read 64,474 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I was watching Predator last night and noticed something that always puzzles me. Blaine's death. Right before he gets shot through the chest, what hits him?

Pulled this image from my photobucket account:

SiL

SiL

Originally, the Predator fired a bladed projectile weapon. The creature wasn't redesigned until after Blaine's death was shot, so it's likely that much, at least, stayed in. Otherwise, just a normal plasma blast.

If you're wondering about the blood, that's just an error on the half of the film-makers. The weapon's supposed to have hit him, but the blood effect was clearly applied from off-camera.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 30, 2007, 09:10:03 AM
I was watching Predator last night and noticed something that always puzzles me. Blaine's death. Right before he gets shot through the chest, what hits him?

I'm not sure really.  But one thing i do know is blane is shot from behind and when he falls over you can clearly see that his ammo pack doesn't have a scratch on it.  Blane ends up with a massive hole in him and his ammo pack dosen't  ;D nice.  

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2007, 09:53:52 AM
Originally, the Predator fired a bladed projectile weapon. The creature wasn't redesigned until after Blaine's death was shot, so it's likely that much, at least, stayed in. Otherwise, just a normal plasma blast.

Re-designed after Blaine's death? Then how come it had a normal plasma blast after that attack? What was the previous weapon supposed to be?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 30, 2007, 06:09:16 PM
Re-designed after Blaine's death? Then how come it had a normal plasma blast after that attack? What was the previous weapon supposed to be?

His chest was still meant to explode outwards, so all they changed was what hit him. Although, if you look closely, what comes out of him doesn't look a whole lot like the plasma blast that goes in.

The weapon was supposed to be a hand-held gun which fired a bladed projectile. Dutch later used it to kill the Predator.

Pax

Pax

Well, the way it looks now, it seems like Blaine gets a giant loogie spit on him, and then when he starts to turn to try and figure out what the hell hit him, then he gets cored by the plasma blast.  Does seem very weird.

This last time watching it, it occured to me that it was cosmic revenge enacted through the Predator for Blaine spittin' chew everywhere.  Then again, maybe the Predator is just a god-damned sexual tyrannosaurs too...

-Pax

x-M-x

x-M-x

The Blood is of the animal that Blaine was looking at, he turned around, then the pred must of killed the animal via some silent weapon? because we didn't hear the plasma blast go off, (Not untill it got Blaine)

Think about it

Blaine looks into the jungle says, something like.... old painless is waiting.... he see's the jungle animal he smiles he looks way! then we see a shot of blood hit him in the face...

lol right?

unless SiL is right  :P

SiL

SiL

Doesn't really make sense.

The shot goes down over his shoulder in the direction he's facing. The animal was to his left, on the ground, and the blood comes from a slightly elevated position. For the blood to be the animal's, the shot would've had to have gone in completely the opposite direction to where it did.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

My guess is that it could be some sort of organ from Hawkins.

Think about it, what is a better distraction other than being hit by a bloody organ?

SiL

SiL

So in the space of a fraction of a second, the Predator shot, ran around to the FRONT of Blaine to throw an organ, then ran back just to shoot him again? ;D

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

I think the Predator was at the same spot the whole time.

The Predator is on the left side of Blaine, throws the organ, and then blane turns to his right, so his back is exposed to the Predator, and bam, he gets nailed with the plasma cannon.

SiL

SiL

But if you watch closely, that's impossible. The blood comes more from the front and side, not over his shoulder.

According to the script, he was hit twice. First one grazed his shoulder, second got him. That's pretty much what happens on-film, too.

inkedcraig

inkedcraig

I always thought the pred was being a c**t and just throwing blood on him lol.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I always said it was a spearshot or whatever it's called, you know like the predator 2 weapon, light as a feather but stronger than steel

Dingo

Dingo

The Koolaid guy ran up behind and was about to say "Oh yea!" but then the predator shot the spear gun through the Koolaid guy, the koolaid which was fruit punch landed on Blaine, he turned and BLAMO!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed