Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 828,276 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Evil Dead (2013) - in preparation for Evil Dead Rise.  ;D

I still need to watch the original flicks but I really loved the 2013 remake. Jane Levy does such a great job as Mia and the practical effects are greatly appreciated these days.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I watched this last night too. I'd been put off by the idea of an Evil Dead with no Bruce or slapstick but I actually had a really good time with it. Miles more enjoyable than Don't Breathe and has raised my optimism levels for Fede's Alien film a bit.

Stitch

Stitch

Glorius on Shudder.

Good film. Though any film with J K Simmons is is likely to be good.

Caveat, also on Shudder.

Interesting British horror. More suspense than actual horror, and probably could've done with a bit more of a trim in the editing suite.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Everything Everywhere All at Once

That was gorgeously acted and fun😅

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 18, 2023, 01:47:33 AMHulk (2003)

Interesting, but doesn't completely work.

To this day I insist that that is a far better film than the Marvel one. Every cast member plays their role better.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 20, 2023, 09:46:53 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 18, 2023, 01:47:33 AMHulk (2003)

Interesting, but doesn't completely work.

To this day I insist that that is a far better film than the Marvel one. Every cast member plays their role better.

Counterpoint: Tim Roth was a better heavy than the giant poodle.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fair, but I was really turned off by how Roth was just an evil Hulk when we'd literally just had an Iron Man film where the baddie was an evil Iron Man.

And Nick Nolte, mishandled as he is, is still more interesting as a baddie ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nolte's transformation is just so random, and the fight is so poorly lit I can barely see it. And I'll never understand how a Thor villain ended up in a Hulk movie.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2023, 12:50:20 AMI watched this last night too. I'd been put off by the idea of an Evil Dead with no Bruce or slapstick but I actually had a really good time with it. Miles more enjoyable than Don't Breathe and has raised my optimism levels for Fede's Alien film a bit.

Glad you liked it too! Did you catch the brief but groovy clip of Bruce after the credits?

I agree with that sentiment about it being better than Don't Breathe. I had no idea he will be involved in the next Alien movie though! I've got a lot of catching up to do.

65 (2023) - Well, it has Adam Driver.  ;)

It's a fun flick, I'd probably give it a 6.5/10. But seriously, Adam Driver is the best thing about the movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Ang Lee's Hulk has the better more authentic depiction of how trauma shapes someone and the better score and performances, Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk's much more fun though, both take me back to better times in my own childhood ironically.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think they're both good adaptations, just focused in different areas.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2023, 12:50:20 AMno [...] slapstick

Credit where credit is due, that one guy slipping on a piece of his girlfriend's cheek and smacking his head into the toilet was pretty damn great.

I do like that they kind of used the guise of the standard late 2000s/early 2010s horror remake like a sort of Trojan Horse to get a lot of stuff like that into the film. I'd say that Fede's Evil Dead is probably my favorite horror remake of that era.

I also wasn't super hot on Don't Breathe (which I gave a go on the basis of how much I liked Evil Dead), though I haven't seen it since its theatrical run and I've been considering giving it another go as a refresher at some point before Romulus is out.

Stitch

Stitch

The Lair

Wow this was bad. Neil Marshall has slipped considerably from Dog Soldiers and The Descent.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 21, 2023, 12:05:23 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2023, 12:50:20 AMno [...] slapstick

Credit where credit is due, that one guy slipping on a piece of his girlfriend's cheek and smacking his head into the toilet was pretty damn great.

I do like that they kind of used the guise of the standard late 2000s/early 2010s horror remake like a sort of Trojan Horse to get a lot of stuff like that into the film. I'd say that Fede's Evil Dead is probably my favorite horror remake of that era.

I also wasn't super hot on Don't Breathe (which I gave a go on the basis of how much I liked Evil Dead), though I haven't seen it since its theatrical run and I've been considering giving it another go as a refresher at some point before Romulus is out.

I was talking about how it was billed at the time, although I didn't make that clear at all. But having actually seen it I agree with you and also appreciated the Raimi zooms on various improvised weapons and all the other little visual things. 

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Scream VI
Really enjoyable

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed