Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds

Started by The Cruentus, Dec 30, 2019, 06:38:55 PM

Do you agree with the current look of a female Predator? (breasts, narrower body)

No, they shouldn't have breasts or any other female human like body proportions.
16 (25.4%)
Yes.
22 (34.9%)
Meh, not bothered.
23 (36.5%)
I don't know.
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author
Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds (Read 23,929 times)

Xiggz456

Well if all humanoids are seeded by engineers...

*canon shots fired*

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 31, 2019, 03:00:52 AM
Well if all humanoids are seeded by engineers...

*canon shots fired*

Did you just say Engineers?!!

:D

Corporal Hicks

Come-on folk, we can have this discussion without referring to an entire team of developers as immature, or trying to antagonize each other. We're supposed to be mature as well, so let's behave like it. And let's be honest, this is going to be an on-going discussion. It's the first time we've had a design called out specifically as a female in the games.

Personally I'm never going to be a fan of breasts to denote female Predators. It's too humanized as far as I'm concerned. But I'm glad it's not big ass titties like the Prodos female mini so I'm a fan of this take for that. I'd just prefer some other features to denote gender.

The Cruentus

I did say in my initial post that I was over-reacting but I do stand by my opinion that I find the design itself unimaginitive and lazy.

Out of all the ways they could have made a female predator different, they literally went for breasts and an hourglass shape figure...It makes no sense whatsoever, Predators are repitilian for one thing, they also have no lips so how their young is supposed to feed on the milk is a mystery, im no expert on biology so perhaps I am missing something there.
I'm sure the devs are decent enough people, but the idea itself was not decent. It should have been overruled in my opinion the moment it was thrown out there.

So assuming that the Rage war trilogy is still canon (Which I am not sure of thanks to Covenant), what is supposed to be real version of a female predator? Is this game going to be canon?

PredBabe

I went with "Not bothered". It's fun to see that the developers are even exploring the female Predators at all. This is one artist's take of what the females could look like and it's really not at bad design especially for a video game.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2019, 08:46:02 AM
Come-on folk, we can have this discussion without referring to an entire team of developers as immature, or trying to antagonize each other. We're supposed to be mature as well, so let's behave like it. And let's be honest, this is going to be an on-going discussion. It's the first time we've had a design called out specifically as a female in the games.

Personally I'm never going to be a fan of breasts to denote female Predators. It's too humanized as far as I'm concerned. But I'm glad it's not big ass titties like the Prodos female mini so I'm a fan of this take for that. I'd just prefer some other features to denote gender.

I had to google that (I unfortunately haven't picked the game up) and that just left me giggling like an idiot. Like whoa that's a little much.

The Cruentus

I am wondering if this was a fox decision or soley on the devs, though fox didn't seem to mind how they were portrayed in Rage war, so curious why they woud approve it, since if this game is canon then it is just another contradiction.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 31, 2019, 02:52:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2019, 08:46:02 AM

I had to google that (I unfortunately haven't picked the game up) and that just left me giggling like an idiot. Like whoa that's a little much.

Indeed. The Prodos female Predator is definitely... extreme.

But give me something like this:

with this:

And I'm happy.  :)

The Cruentus

See now the head shape on that second pic could have been something they could have used, minus the breasts of course.

People don't need breasts to tell the difference between genders.

Voodoo Magic

But both aspects make sense to me, so I don't mind. Both can be logically optional for these fictional intergalactic hunters. Humanoids doesn't make one human, as Reptilian doesn't make one a reptile. So it just comes down to personal preference for these ugly mother f*ckers.  :)

The Cruentus

Even if some could accept them having breasts, why would they have them though? They are reptilian and they don't have any lips.
The only possible way I can think off these even remotely making "sense" is if you include the whole human dna thing, but that is not a good or logical concept either.

Voodoo Magic

One page one of this thread I posted an explanation of how infant Predators could accept some form of "milk".
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=63159.0
I think if you study the inside of a Predator's mouth, and remove all the mental restrictions placed by years of practical rubber film effects work, it's easy to picture in my humble opinion a newborn Predator soft-tissue mouth accomplishing this. I personally don't have to do any mental gymnastics to make this work.

So we know that just because...
Predators appear Reptilian doesn't mean they are Reptiles.
Predators appear Humanoid doesn't mean they are humans.
Predators appear Crustacean doesn't mean they are crabs.

Though, if we look at totality, head to toe, it can be argued that from everything on Planet Earth, humans are probably what Predator bodies resemble the most percentage wise. Who knows, maybe humans and Predators do share a common ancient ancestry.  I don't know. We all don't know what they are really. They are not of Earth, at least we think not. But there is no real scientific precedent we can apply to these fictional Predators.

So, I don't think any of us can suggest our opinions as definitive (including mine) because we're all talking about unknown fictional alien beings, which leaves a lot on the creative table to choose from and subsequently fun to discuss different preferences. :)

Huggs

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2019, 03:18:24 PM

It helps in the dark.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 31, 2019, 04:29:32 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 31, 2019, 03:18:24 PM

It helps in the dark.

Huggs

And they're not breasts. They're the foreheads of two highly trained miniature predators that will detach and attack under very specific conditions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed