Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,606 times)

acrediblesource

I just hope they don't pull of A:CM Hick's thing where we have the real actors come but everything else looks campy and amatuer as f**k.

JokersWarPig

I don't think Arnold or Danny Glover would be coming back for a smaller title like this. ACM was a different beast

Kailem

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 14, 2020, 06:27:42 PM
If I remember right Friday the 13th had audio pick ups you could find, or maybe they were unlocks? I don't remember exactly but I know they're there because by friend showed me. It was recordings of Tommy in the psych ward and they ended up hinting at Freddy Krueger existing. I wouldn't be surprised if the fire team members will be able to find similar things.

Yeah they were random collectibles that could show up on the maps every now and then. They were super rare though so it would have taken ages to potentially get them all.

It would be cool to have something like that in this though. Maybe debriefs from various soldiers talking about encountering Predators, or things like Anna's story being told by villagers who'd heard stories of it growing up.

molasar

molasar

One thing I noticed in the pre-alpha version footage that AI enemy soldiers can be dismembered (legs and hands) or even completely explode into blood mist. I wonder if they are going to keep this feature because it seems to be toned down in the last trailer.

Voodoo Magic

What a gorgeous shot!

The Shuriken

Quote from: molasar on Feb 16, 2020, 06:20:00 AM
One thing I noticed in the pre-alpha version footage that AI enemy soldiers can be dismembered (legs and hands) or even completely explode into blood mist. I wonder if they are going to keep this feature because it seems to be toned down in the last trailer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8h4U5ZFSqj/

Can we play against AI soldiers? Or was that just for a demo?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 03:39:29 PM

No, we cannot if you meant the fireteam soldiers as far as we know.

Generally it goes like this: x4 members of fireteam (human players) vs x1 Predator (human player) vs xX enemy soldiers - guerrillas, drug cartel members (AI)

The Shuriken

Quote from: molasar on Feb 16, 2020, 03:57:14 PM

Generally it goes like this: x4 members of fireteam (human players) vs x1 Predator (human player) vs xX enemy soldiers - guerrillas, drug cartel members (AI)

Well shit with enemy AI already in place within the game, there could easily be a single player mode with the Predator fighting the cartel and guerrilla soldiers.

Highly unlikely but a man can dream can't he?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 04:15:36 PM
Quote from: molasar on Feb 16, 2020, 03:57:14 PM

Well shit with enemy AI already in place within the game, there could easily be a single player mode with the Predator fighting the cartel and guerrilla soldiers.

Right? How hard would it be to incorporate all of them as bots?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 04:15:36 PM

A similar game called Evolve has AI bots replacing absent human players and Illfonic participated in its development too. So there is a chance it will be implemented at some point through an update if it is not available at release date.

Also I believe that Illfonic wants players to experience the game with other players first because bots can be flawed in comparison and there is a lack of communication if you play as a member of the fireteam with the other members controlled by AI.

Not to mention AI of enemy soldiers is not so sophisticated.

Voodoo Magic

Bots will pale in comparison to real players I know. I'd still love to have the option though. :)

Kailem

They added single-player challenges for Friday the 13th with bots a while after launch, so I'd imagine it might potentially be easier to do that here given that there are going to be bots in this from the get-go.

Quote from: molasar on Feb 16, 2020, 06:20:00 AMhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B8h4U5ZFSqj/

Took 'em out with a heat-seeker.

molasar

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 16, 2020, 05:44:46 PM
They added single-player challenges for Friday the 13th with bots a while after launch, so I'd imagine it might potentially be easier to do that here given that there are going to be bots in this from the get-go.

AI requirements for Predator and The fireteam members are much higher than those for enemy soldiers that serve as cannon fodder. Although I want them as well even if they will end up very flawed.

Kailem

If ever they did add a single player component I'd imagine there'd be a 0.000% chance we'd ever see an AI Predator. We'd play as the Predator going against the humans, who would basically just be the grunts that are already in the game now.

The Shuriken

The pieces are there for a single player mode. Perhaps if we just beg for it enough, it could come at a later time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed