Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks

Started by RidgeTop, May 22, 2018, 03:33:46 PM

Author
Predator 4K Releases and new Steelbooks (Read 43,272 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Looks like we'll be getting some new releases of the trilogy around the time of The Predator. Don't know if the 4K covers are final or not, but I'm pretty sure the Steelbooks are. This comes by way of FilmArena for a Czech release. But we'll likely see these or similar releases here to promote the new film.

Darkness

Darkness

Woah, good find RidgeTop. Never expected to get Predator in 4K before the Alien films.

They've also got The Predator 4K set for 6th December.

RidgeTop

Thanks man, surprised they'd already have a blu-ray release date for the new film, though I would expect a home release before the year's end. And yeah it really is about time we got a 4K release for the Alien and AVP films.

Hedlb3

Hedlb3

JungleHunter87

Can't wait! Although not keen on Wolf being on the PREDATOR 2 cover instead of City Hunter.

Valaquen

Man, I already have a French Predator trilogy steelbook, but that one... looks... so good.

slipknotpredator

Isn't that Hot Toys Predator? Yuk... Hate when they use figures instead of the real thing...

RidgeTop

Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 22, 2018, 10:37:40 PM
Isn't that Hot Toys Predator? Yuk... Hate when they use figures instead of the real thing...

Yeah... they did the same thing with the Ultimate Hunter Edition. Doesn't quite look as bad on this Steelbook IMO.

Jacku

Is that Dec 6th for the new film? Is that not quite fast for a bluray to come out after a films release?

Corporal Hicks

It'd be about 3 months. Just about as fast as Covenant's release. Might not be final though.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Anyone notice that the classic predator has the AVP scar on his helmet ? Also why is wolf on predator 2's cover ? They are not very accurate representations of the films in question are they ? ???

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 23, 2018, 11:19:20 AM
Anyone notice that the classic predator has the AVP scar on his helmet ? Also why is wolf on predator 2's cover ? They are not very accurate representations of the films in question are they ? ???

I am from Kazakhstan, and in video stores, we had Predator 2 DVD with this cover somewhen in 2007, I don't know why it happened, but they used this cover for at least 10-11 years. I guess just the design department had assignment and didn't care much for the actual accuracy. That happenes with movie covers :)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah azamultic , I guess , my old predator 2 dvd has the predator 2 mask on the cover , it's pretty sloppy when you think about it , considering how much these guys are probably paid by fox. You would of thought it wouldn't be too difficult to actually get the characters right. And why are they using hot toys figures ? Maybe I'm reading too much into it but It's little things like this that make me question how much love 20th century fox actually have for the franchise.

azamultic

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 23, 2018, 12:08:26 PM
Yeah azamultic , I guess , my old predator 2 dvd has the predator 2 mask on the cover , it's pretty sloppy when you think about it , considering how much these guys are probably paid by fox. You would of thought it wouldn't be too difficult to actually get the characters right. And why are they using hot toys figures ? Maybe I'm reading too much into it but It's little things like this that make me question how much love 20th century fox actually have for the franchise.

I dont' think you need to take it this personal, these franchises are just products, it has some art+entertaining, a lot of fans, but in the end of the day it's a product. And I personaly think that when they give assignments probably deadlines are super tight so designers and workers just don't have much time to be anal abouth things. Using hot toys and statues is a good refrence. When I am modeling Predator, I use all kinds of refrences, cosplay, statues, toys, fan art, concepts, others people 3d models. Because f you will stick your self to actual production stills and screenshotes of movie and BtS footage, you really limiting your self on a refrence department. It's not like these cover designers of DVD rerelease getting actual actor in the real suite for photoshooting, or actual props in their office(I think). They getting assignment in the morning and by the end of the day boss of DVD department or publishing need to have covers ready. It's my thoughts. And I am sure the heads of 20 century not thinking that using official statues or toys as ref for the cover is so offensive to fans  ;). They probably will be shocked how we are anal about mandibles and little things like using toys for the cover or using Wolf for Predator 2 cover ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah sure , I get you bro , they have a deadline etc , but surely I quick google search is all it takes if you are not sure which character is which , imo it's just laziness , take a bit of pride in what you are putting out there and make it right , I suppose what I'm getting at is I couldn't see other studios making blunders like that. Can you imagine Pixar putting bullseye or Jesse on a toy story 1s dvd cover ? when they only appeared from the second one onwards ? Because I can't. Or doctor octopus appearing on the first Sam raimi's Spider-Man film cover even though he was in the second ? Very unlikely, I just feel that fox are so sloppy with their franchises , compared to other studios.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed