NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,904 times)

ts124

ts124

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 09, 2015, 08:23:00 PM
I've not been happy with Neca for quite some time now.  At the beginning their figures were quality and I was happy with them.  Over time it's as if they have gotten sloppy and cheap.  It doesn't seem to be improving even though many have complained.  I guy I know had three replacement Predator figures from Neca themselves and all three replacements suffered the same issues.  The Neca Alien figures I do have I've left them unboxed and if I do purchase anymore will stay boxed.
I disagree. Ever since series 1 they have been going up in quality. Its especially noticable with the queen and dog who are much more sturdy and clean than the series 1 and 2 aliens. All of the new reveals have me very excited. I cant wait for the 1/4 scale big chap and I will definitely be getting that queen.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

NECA rocks, you're missing out!

drsmuts

drsmuts

The quality of late is miles better. The Dog Alien I got was perfect and so was my Queen, Kane and Ripleys.

Series 2 was definitely a bit dodgy though and I think NECA took steps with the factories to stop it happening again.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Starts around 5:45 or so.

These figures look absolutely spectacular! One reservation I have is the lack of a new flamethrower for jumpsuit Amanda, but perhaps that's nitpicky...

gabgrave

gabgrave

Is it me, or do the A:I Alien arms looks a short compared to the legs? It looked more proportionate in the game.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well for one, the game model is very crouchey so that brings the arms lower.  But what you say may very well be the case anyway, considering NECA's new figure is simply Big Chap with new legs and a bladed tail.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 11, 2015, 03:08:59 AM
Well for one, the game model is very crouchey so that brings the arms lower.  But what you say may very well be the case anyway, considering NECA's new figure is simply Big Chap with new legs and a bladed tail.

Honestly I'm only getting it because A, even though it's another near repaint, its the first xeno we have from isolation and I happen to think isolation was one of the best things to happen to the franchise in a loooong time.
And B, I missed out on the brown warrior so I kinda want a brown figure in my collection that isint the runner/resurrection xeno.

Then again I'm sure they will re-release the brown/blue warriors in the 2nd version sculpt soon.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

They will be rereleasing Genocide Aliens in both colors seperately, so I doubt they will be dusting off the original 2 Aliens Xenomoprhs any time soon. Maybe once they decide to do Ultimate versions?

I don't feel like the Genocide Queen is a ripoff. Yes they're basically using the same molds but it is an Alien Queen. Besides, what other company would dig this far into the lore/EU and pull out such unique characters AND make them look awesome? McFarlane toys might have had the market years ago with some fairly impressive toys, but NECA has utterly crushed them in variety, articulation, paint and affordability.

Despite the other Alien/Predator figures on the market, NECA toys is dominating. SH Monsterarts are overpriced and too fragile. Play Arts Kai are overpriced and too limited in selection, although very articulated. Reaction are purely collectors items and not really to be opened or posed. The only brand I like as much as NECA is Revoltech but they too are too limited in selection. 

Vark_

Vark_

Little feedback on series 4 ; I recieved the whole bunch yesterday.

- Ripley jumpsuit : the headsculpt is awesome especially from profile view, they catched the slenderness and the whole silhouette of Sigourney, great likeness, flamethrower is impressive though cast in a way too soft plastic (tends to bend easily), patches are nicely painted, the figure is quite stable, BUT the lack of white paint in the eyeballs and an overpainted nostrill  RUIN the whole thing on my figure, her face looked so terrible I had to do repaint it myself, shame. Extremely disappointed on this one.

- Dallas : real nice figure, ultra stable, Skerritt's likeness is awesome, ; the colour variations on the Kane suit sculpt are cleverly made, for they don't look this similar displayed next to another.

- Ripley pressure suit : this is the series 4 figure I like the most though it was the one I wasn't truly wanting to buy, no problem with the eyes on this one, headsulpt / paint make her facial expression look exhausted which captures really well the mood at this time of the movie ; another good paint variation on the same suit sculpt (except a few things they deleted), the harpoon looks fantastic in her hands.

Overall, a series worth buying, you won't regret the sculpts, figures feel sturdy and very stable / posable ; however I hope you don't get paint issues.

A few pics :
Dallas
Ripley pressure suit
Ripley jumpsuit
displayed with Kane

ts124

ts124

They changed the colour on the lips for the 1/4 scale alien. I really like it now!

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Sweet mother of god.   :o

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jul 13, 2015, 04:52:51 PMI don't feel like the Genocide Queen is a ripoff. Yes they're basically using the same molds but it is an Alien Queen. Besides, what other company would dig this far into the lore/EU and pull out such unique characters AND make them look awesome? McFarlane toys might have had the market years ago with some fairly impressive toys, but NECA has utterly crushed them in variety, articulation, paint and affordability.

The original Red Queen would have made an awesome figure:

They should also make one of the King Alien.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well, that is the thing they're basing the Genocide Queen off of.

Though, apparently those two "queens" are actually queen mothers, so the NECA figure is slightly off regarding that fact.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Queen_Mother

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

I just watched the video for the figure, and I have to say, you are right in the fact that we see the face tendrils.  That being said, the 'horns' are a little too big.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 27, 2015, 08:44:10 PM
Though, apparently those two "queens" are actually queen mothers, so the NECA figure is slightly off regarding that fact.

I always forget that little fact. It annoys me. xD

I know it's not a brand brand new sculpt but we do get the little tendril things so it's not a complete cash-grab. Besides, it's actually really nice. I still need to grab a Red Warrior.

Not enough shelf room.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed