New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox

Started by Whos_Nick, Jul 27, 2021, 09:55:20 PM

Author
New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers John Davis and John Fox (Read 25,834 times)

SiL

I feel that was a definite "We really should have given you one of these by now so here it is for whatever you were in last" award.

Master

Quote from: SiL on Jul 31, 2021, 10:33:11 PM
I feel that was a definite "We really should have given you one of these by now so here it is for whatever you were in last" award.

Yep bro, definitely this.

Highland

I'm mixed on the soundtrack. I'm thinking they might not use any previous reference material which might actually be a bonus. Maybe perhaps one or two samples as a nod.

The title of the film is different, why not the soundtrack.

Master

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2021, 03:04:11 AM
I'm mixed on the soundtrack. I'm thinking they might not use any previous reference material which might actually be a bonus. Maybe perhaps one or two samples as a nod.

The title of the film is different, why not the soundtrack.

The fading drum sound could easily be incorporated into more primordial/ tribal soundtrack.

nanison

But what about the old gun Glover gets from one of the preds in predator 2, isn't it older then this film or is it from the same time period of the new film? Maybe we will get to see how a predator gets hold of this gun in the upcoming film. Would be a nice reference to predator 2 imo.

Highland

Quote from: nanison on Aug 01, 2021, 07:18:55 PM
But what about the old gun Glover gets from one of the preds in predator 2, isn't it older then this film or is it from the same time period of the new film? Maybe we will get to see how a predator gets hold of this gun in the upcoming film. Would be a nice reference to predator 2 imo.

The gun was 17 something. This could still be before although I'm not sure they've set a date. I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt it'll be anything official. It's most likely a throw away line from those involved.

GoroPredator

GoroPredator

It could work without the R as long as it has the actual suspense. I'd prefer the gore of course but I've seen enough gore in the series to know that it means nothing without the suspense. My main fear with this film is still whether or not it's going to be filled with all that woke bullshit. Hope to Christ that was just marketing fluff and that this doesn't turn another Shane Black scenario where all of the rumours turned out to actually be true.

*Edited to remove a slur. No use of that word please. Hicks.

BlueMarsalis79

Clubroot

So now the film's title could be simply called "Predator" or like the reddit post said "Hunter". I liked Skull(s) :'(

Highland

Quote from: Clubroot on Aug 03, 2021, 04:17:24 PM
So now the film's title could be simply called "Predator" or like the reddit post said "Hunter". I liked Skull(s) :'(

To be fair Skulls doesn't make much sense. Predator - Skulls does.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Clubroot on Aug 03, 2021, 04:17:24 PM

Yeah, I adore the name "Skulls" too and will find it a shame the day they change it (if that day comes).

Now it might be naive of me, but I just don't believe they'll go the Halloween route and name another Predator film, "Predator".

"Hunter" works for me though. I like it for its lineage, plus it works two-fold considering Kee's desire to hunt (in addition to the obvious ways of a Predator.)

The Necronoir

How about going completely the other direction and call it Prey? Leaves you to figure out which it is, ala Predators.

Clubroot

@The Necronoir

Prey sounds good to. I also reminds me of the Xbox 360 Prey game that had a native American character and was similar to Turok in some ways. That title could work if they have hunting scenes with animals in the beginning before the Pred shows up. Sets up the Prey and the Hunter.

Master

I miss good old days when movies had numbers and subtitles.

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed