Dungeons & Dragon Movie Reboot and TV series

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 25, 2020, 05:48:25 AM

Author
Dungeons & Dragon Movie Reboot and TV series (Read 6,435 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This did have one of the writers of Aquaman attached ages ago heh.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 27, 2020, 06:59:48 PM
This did have one of the writers of Aquaman attached ages ago heh.

And Aquaman had about 72 different ongoing narratives and side quests happening at any given time, which sounds about accurate to any D&D campaign I've ever been part of. :D

SM

SM

D & D has a built in audience - but so does Warcraft which no doubt helped its box office.  It still looked like crap though.  D & D was a very small aspect of one series of Stranger Things a few years ago.  This all ends being derivative of LOTR anyway.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Warcraft movie was entirely forgettable and it made me consider my desire to watch a Starcraft flick, which has a built in audience as well. While a hit like Stranger Things may have some D&D gags here and there, I don't see a great breakthrough when it comes to building audiences. But yeah, it makes a nerdy hobby into a pop thing I guess. And regardless of whether we're talking about high fantasy genre, or role-playing games mechanics; I think this  might have better chance as a TV Show rather than as a movie.

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: THRThe actor, who is gearing up to return to the world of superheroes with Wonder Woman 1984, is in talks to star in Paramount and eOne's long-gestating and big-budget Dungeons & Dragons movie.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1338578297664442374

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: THREven as Paramount and Hasbro's filmed entertainment studio, eOne, are in the casting stages of a live-action Dungeons & Dragons feature film, Hasbro/eOne is also laying the groundwork for a television series based on the fantasy role-playing game.

Derek Kolstad, the creator and writer behind the John Wick franchise, has been tapped to pen and develop a pitch for a live-action series based on the Dungeons & Dragons universe.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1350189495296143365

Drukathi

I am really looking forward to this movie. I really like the first one. Anyway, I think that we have very little high fantasy on the big, and even on the small screens.

Ingwar

Do we know which universe series will be based on? Forgotten Realms?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I've no idea honestly. The same with the movie :'(

Quote from: via PolygonDetails of the film, including its setting, are still unknown

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1338594153446461442

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed