Gentleman Death

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 24, 2021, 09:01:42 PM
Pretty bloody all told.

Yeah it's definitely up there....

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 24, 2021, 08:42:55 PM
Is it gory ? I mean how gory ?
Have you played the games? It's about as gory as them, several of the fatalities are straight up copied from the games.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yep played the most recent ones. Ok so it's that gory, cool !

ace3g

ace3g

I'm curios what is considered a success by studios for films released during pandemic, box office/streaming wise?

Especially for films that could possibly be start of a franchise.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/1386341090173718538

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

No....just no...

Rankles75

Rankles75

I always thought of Miz for the Johnny Cage role...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I was half-expecting some talent scout to show up and ask Cole if he's ever considered acting in martial arts movies, then tell him he needed a stage name...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"It's probably under my legal name. Kenshi Cole Young."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I actually liked the introduction of the mark and arcana to explain why otherwise ordinary humans have superpowers like in the game.  I'm not sure they were executed with perfection though.

Spoiler
Kano's eye and Jax's arms should have been technological, not magical.  Kung Lao's hat could just be a hat that he's learned to use as a weapon through extensive training.  All of these characters have other abilities in the games that could have been their arcana instead.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Watched it last night. Depending on how you position yourself towards what a movie should be, it can be fun or absolute shit. Or in between, that's where I'm at.

SiL

SiL

I have no knowledge of Mortal Kombat outside of some youthful button mashing and I enjoyed it.

It's a proper mindless action movie. Some of the fight scenes were dull and uninspired but some of them were just beautiful. Some of the jokes fell flat but I actually laughed out loud several times. Kano was great.

My biggest gripe is it's the kind of movie where you don't realise the last twenty minutes was the climax and it's over now. That was lame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed