Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,780 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

When do people think that we'll be receiving the next piece of viral marketing?

Quote from: Hudson on Mar 05, 2012, 04:35:38 PM
So...is the full name of the guy in Alien 3 Michael Bishop Weyland?  :o

Um, actually I believe that according to the film itself (which is really the only reliable source of canon), his name was simply "Bishop II".  The name "Michael Bishop Weyland" sounds like some sort of EU bollocks to me, or perhaps it was from an earlier draft of the Alien 3 script?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Michael Bishop was from the novelization. He was never a "Weyland." Just another employee.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Mar 05, 2012, 08:58:27 PMMichael Bishop was from the novelization. He was never a "Weyland." Just another employee.

That's right, in Alien 3 it actually made some kind of sense.

-Chris

SM

SM

Michael Bishop was from a trading card - not the script or novelisation.

No "Weyland".

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 10:47:47 PM

No "Weyland".

bahahha trading cards, i have to say i enjoy these "personal cannon" discussions.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 10:47:47 PM

No "Weyland".

I figured this was the case.  So, who the frak came up with the "Micheal Bishop Weyland" bollocks then?  Some deluded fanboy I bet.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The Weyland Corp website has been updated with new content. You can now register to receive updates, etc.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 05, 2012, 11:40:58 PM
The Weyland Corp website has been updated with new content. You can now register to receive updates, etc.

Cheers for the heads up!

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I love the subtle Weyland logo design in the fingerprint. I would imagine this is to signify that the android was made by Weyland Corp?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 05, 2012, 11:50:50 PMI love the subtle Weyland logo design in the fingerprint. I would imagine this is to signify that the android was made by Weyland Corp?

Yep, that's my thought as well. There is a glut of content on there to be dissected... brilliant!

In less than a decade, Weyland Corporation became a worldwide leader in emerging technologies and launched the first privatized industrial mission to leave the planet Earth.

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Where is the glut of content?

T Dog

T Dog

Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 05, 2012, 11:54:49 PMWhere is the glut of content?

A comparative glut ;D Check the About Us page though, interesting info on the Company. 837.53 million employees, jeez.

-Chris

T Dog

T Dog

I don't like that in 50 years they are already "Building better worlds" throughout the solar system. It's far too quick. The idea that they are building worlds works in ALIENS because it's set over 50 years after ALIEN.

I was really hoping that this movie would be the FIRST deep space mission that the human race has undertook. Now that's lost for me. And the whole thing is far too Dharma Initiative. I don't like the modern world featuring in an ALIEN movie through the Internet.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 05, 2012, 11:55:06 PM
Looking at the updated website. I'm not sure I really like the idea of making the Weyland Corporation this tangible, touchable entity with answers. In some ways it's better and more interesting to have the faceless evil.
Have to say I agree. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed