The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,489 times)

Voodoo Magic

While that would be super nice of them, I doubt Predators would create a key for humans to decode their language.  Rory would have to in essense create a key based on breaking down the hud imagery and the language associated with it. Then use that as his basis to decode.

Then again, the Fugitive was here to give us a weapon that we could use to fight back with, so maybe there was in fact a key!

Then again again, I think we're really not meant to think that hard about it.  :P

PredAlien BG386

Really liked the concept Arts :)

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 23, 2018, 08:09:44 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpC7-xJgEUw/

Thomas Jane doing the ultimate Javier Bardem impression.  ;D

I know, I know.

XenoHunter99

I feel bad for the SFX people. From the article, they broke the teeth off the gears to do whatever they were asked to do on this one. Thanks to the tug-o-war between Shane and the studio, they were pulling something out of nothing until the very end. For all that, it's like it's their fault the result is what it is. I think they did their best under ridiculous conditions. As designs go, the Predkiller is ok. It's obviously like a pred-flavored ironman suit or Transformer. If it turns up as an action figure, I want one. Used better in the story, it might have got a better reception. Or maybe all-dancing armored suits have worn out their welcome. I'd like to see a director's cut at some point. Might be interesting to compare and contrast.

skull-splitter

I would get the toy too. And put a label next to it: mistake of the century. The whole concept is off.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 24, 2018, 04:37:40 AM
I would get the toy too. And put a label next to it: mistake of the century. The whole concept is off.
Labelling it the "mistake of the century" might be a tad bit overdramatic. ::)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 24, 2018, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 24, 2018, 04:37:40 AM
Labelling it the "mistake of the century" might be a tad bit overdramatic. ::)
Oh I forgot, this film should be praised to the heavens.

Grow a sense of humor ;)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 24, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
Oh I forgot, this film should be praised to the heavens.

lol  Thanks for proving my point.  ;D

Huggs

One would be tempted to say this was the Predator version of Alien 3, due to the studio interference and production issues. However, given the crazy nature of the film/creatures and the comedy, could this not be considered the Predator version of Alien: Resurrection?

It's a paradox I tell you. It just covered 2 movies in one. What on earth could come next?

Straight to a Prometheus Predator perhaps? An exploration of a long dead Predator Homeworld?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 25, 2018, 04:12:31 AM
One would be tempted to say this was the Predator version of Alien 3, due to the studio interference and production issues. However, given the crazy nature of the film/creatures and the comedy, could this not be considered the Predator version of Alien: Resurrection?

That's a fair assessment. "The Predator" seems to contain a culmination of parallels with both "Alien 3" and "Alien Resurrection".  Plus, the Upgrade Predator can certainly be compared to the Newborn Alien on a species blending angle, as well as its mutual reception i.e. the ruffling feathers of fans.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Huggs on Oct 25, 2018, 04:12:31 AM
It's a paradox I tell you. It just covered 2 movies in one. What on earth could come next?
Predators hunting americans/nazis in WW2, with them having a key role in the outcome of the war. This could also be a nice way to re-change the designs to a more tribal/vintage style.
Predators hunting in Vietnam
Predators hunting ancient warriors in Egypt
Predators hunting pirates (P2 flintlock)

Even with Stargazer i think there are really cool ways to tell a new story without the Predator killer, more focused on an actual team capturing a Predator by surprise during a hunt... with them getting to the Predator spaceship, which then flies back home, there they have to face and fight different Alien species with the last survivor and biggest warrior being worthy enough to fight against an elder Predator.

The core story is always a hunt, and with that there are endless possibilities for really good movies, even on a smaller scale action/horror.

Highland

Alien 3 is actually good though, well made. It was just a shock to the system at the time. Good score as well.

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, Alien 3 is way underestimated unfortunately. The score is a classic.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed