The Predator TV Spots Thread

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Author
The Predator TV Spots Thread (Read 118,198 times)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Hi Everybody,
                    Long time lurker here,below is a you tube link i found for the new trailer of 'The predator' that has just been released, it shows a lot of new shots including the predator running, he looks quite stealthy and quick, shots of characters hanging off the predator ship, with a very retro looking title screen shot.

What do uou guys think?

Enjoy

Wobblyboddle 77

The Wolverine Predator

I really liked it! It's gonna be good

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Old One

The Old One

Infrared with no mask on indeed.

I can let it slide because it's roid-boy though, if he doesn't need a mask it would be make sense to have cranial implants instead.

frenchfries

frenchfries

wow that quick shot of the predator running looked great. Prob the best execution I can remember seeing a predator run that didn't look silly.

yautjapet

yautjapet

I'm not really digging the tone of the trailer, but I liked that very first shot of Fugitive and the one of him running across the roof looked so great. Very agile and natural, I can't wait to see how they used Brian Prince's parkour skills.

happypred

happypred

Tone of the trainer is really off

I'm jist hoping the film is different and the rather bad trailers are designed to attract young millennials and teens

ace3g

ace3g

I hope that shot of the "infrared" of super looking at other predator is only used when it doesn't have a mask.  Because I want the original infrared look for when the preds wear their mask.  That shot reminded me too much of AVP.

Master

Master

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 03, 2018, 11:28:42 PM
I hope that shot of the "infrared" of super looking at other predator is only used when it doesn't have a mask.  Because I want the original infrared look for when the preds wear their mask.  That shot reminded me too much of AVP.

Predators I'd say. In Predators there was this poor looking (not) infrared sight, with orange people and purple background.

germanator2

germanator2

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM
Hi Everybody,
                    Long time lurker here,below is a you tube link i found for the new trailer 'The predator' that has just been released, it shows a lot of new shots including the predator running, he looks quite stealthy and quick, shots of characters hanging off the predator ship, with a very retro looking title screen shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHSbWoSvNLo

What do uou guys think?

Enjoy

Wobblyboddle 77
The infrared is fine without the mask for the Upgrade I guess, but I would prefer the red vision from the original Predator. But I'm not a fan of the overall aesthetic of it. Still looks like a regular infrared camera was used.

In the original, it looks and feels more Alien looking and it also looks like it's natural vision for the Predator than this and in Predators. Predators (2010) may have gone back to the red vision without the mask, but it still feels like a regular infrared camera was used and it was too sharped looking. The original feels more natural because it's soft and blurry in areas while only a certain area is focused.. It's like if you squint your eyes a little bit, it does darken around the edges a little.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Cool, very action packed as usual. Also it's a mess of knowing what will be in the final movie and what will not be... I mean
Spoiler
loonies hanging outside of the ship is from the leaked script before reshoots, Traeger mentioning Preds could invade earth also...
[close]
Damn, i can't wait to know what the final cut will be like, but right now it's very hard to follow !

And like i said, this god damn thermal vision without a mask... I'll go with it, maybe they'll explain why it's like that in the movie

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: germanator2 on Aug 03, 2018, 11:55:04 PM
Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Aug 03, 2018, 10:49:07 PM
Hi Everybody,
                    Long time lurker here,below is a you tube link i found for the new trailer 'The predator' that has just been released, it shows a lot of new shots including the predator running, he looks quite stealthy and quick, shots of characters hanging off the predator ship, with a very retro looking title screen shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHSbWoSvNLo

What do uou guys think?

Enjoy

Wobblyboddle 77
The infrared is fine without the mask for the Upgrade I guess, but I would prefer the red vision from the original Predator. But I'm not a fan of the overall aesthetic of it. Still looks like a regular infrared camera was used.

In the original, it looks and feels more Alien looking and it also looks like it's natural vision for the Predator than this and in Predators. Predators (2010) may have gone back to the red vision without the mask, but it still feels like a regular infrared camera was used and it was too sharped looking. The original feels more natural because it's soft and blurry in areas while only a certain area is focused.. It's like if you squint your eyes a little bit, it does darken around the edges a little.

That is the vision I was hoping for without a mask.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

So I see they're going with the 'Predators' thermal vision, why can't we just get the original? anyway, looks fun. That's the most light-hearted trailer for a predator film ever.

von

von

Awesome! TV Spot to be exact

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

That's Nebraska's death scene. But seeing how the Stryker footage is still being used hopefully this is just marketing. Reading the final act was just Damn near unbearable

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The new trailer looked awesome. I must admit they're making the predators look like badasses who mean business.

Although I can't help but think the predators are the cause of global warming now with that one bad joke. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed