[SPOILER FREE] Another review

Started by vehtam, Dec 19, 2007, 09:21:29 PM

Author
[SPOILER FREE] Another review (Read 24,229 times)

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: mightydreadlock on Dec 20, 2007, 04:42:38 PM

Alien is really far from arthouse :D, it comfortably sits next to other good b-movies in it's genre. The alien xenomorph creature (it's design) is much more sophisticated than the movie it's in.

Alien is a B-movie shot as an A-movie. How is Alien not sophisticated? It does everything perfectly, it sets up mood and tension like no other film like it.

Porkus Maximus

It's funny, a lot of the special effects are really basic.  They literally had people shaking the nostromo chairs to simulate turbulence and stuff like that, however it is very clever in that they manage to make those effects believable.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 20, 2007, 07:47:37 PMAlien is a B-movie shot as an A-movie. How is Alien not sophisticated? It does everything perfectly, it sets up mood and tension like no other film like it.

Damn straight. It's a shame it looks like we'll never get a film that good ever again.

And I had to explain to my mom what part of Aliens your sig is from, but that's unrelated. :D

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 20, 2007, 07:57:00 PM
And I had to explain to my mom what part of Aliens your sig is from, but that's unrelated. :D

He, only a die-hard fan would even realize what my sig if referencing. ;D

Warghost

Warghost

"I guess she don't like the cornbread, either."

Predator-S

Predator-S

Something to do with the Predators being portryed as cornbread?

SiL

SiL

In the mess hall scene in Aliens, one of the marines asks, 'Man, what is this crap?', to which another replies, 'Cornbread, I think.'

happypred

happypred

I don't care how you guys try to cover is up it's FU CKING OBVIOUS that people who are bashing AvP-R care a lot more about the Alien franchise that the Predator franchise...not all Alien fans are bashing AvP-R...but almost everyone who is is an alien fan

When I was reading the review it sounded to me like the writer was mainly complaining about what was wrong with the aliens...only throwing in a few gripes about the Predator here and there to sound as if he cared about both franchises

In the end it's another BOOHOO THE ALIENS SUCK REVIEW

SiL

SiL

What have Predator fans got to complain about?

The Predator can curb stomp Aliens and hold two at bay at arm's reach with ease. He gets a slew of 'cool' kills and the only thing that could possibly seen as bad would be his face, which most Predator fans love anyway.

Add to that your typical Pred fan isn't looking for a good movie, just action.

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Quote from: SiL on Dec 20, 2007, 08:23:41 PM

:D

greetz

happypred

happypred

The Predator can curb stomp Aliens and hold two at bay at arm's reach with ease. He gets a slew of 'cool' kills and the only thing that could possibly seen as bad would be his face, which most Predator fans love anyway.

I don't like it when reviewers try to sound fair and balanced when they pretty much care for only one of the creatures

marrerom

marrerom

QFT   :)

Predator-S

Predator-S

ALIEN FANZ SMARTZORZ PREDATOR FANZ DUMBZORZ YAAAY!!!11one

SiL

SiL

Quote from: happypred on Dec 20, 2007, 08:27:41 PM
I don't like it when reviewers try to sound fair and balanced when they pretty much care for only one of the creatures
Or maybe he doesn't make much of a mention of the Predator because there's nothing to complain about for him. He looks good, he acts good, he kicks ass.

Gates

Gates

That notion would require logic to understand SiL...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed