The Predator To Be An “Event” Film

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 03:12:28 PM

Author
The Predator To Be An “Event” Film (Read 31,502 times)

overthere

Speaking of bad timing for trophies, why does Wolf skin people in AvP:R? Why does he even kill other people at all? His mission is to take care of the alien thing. They never cared for witnesses before, so it can't be it.

HuDaFuK

Because that film was written either by or for morons.

Uglymfstuntdude

Uglymfstuntdude

Imagine if this film develops "interesting" characters that the audience likes and relates to like the first two pred films. Avpr did not show anyone being skinned alive and yes it relied on gore as a selling point. Now having to watch Hawkins actually skinned alive pleading for life will hurt to see. It doesn't need to be dragged out. The scene itself could just have one of them turn up missing after an ambush. Cut to Hawkins/our new hero wake up panting. The laser blade (similar to the one used in avpr) cuts on pred starts cutting on him. End of scene. Don't have to show him skin the whole body but id like to see that party get started. The slow death of our hero

whiterabbit

Skinned alive is a misconception. They were all skinned after being killed. I don't know a single hunter that tries to skin something alive. That's just evil. The average predators is not anymore evil than the average redneck is.

Quote from: overthere on Mar 29, 2016, 01:17:06 PM
But the president as an individual is not a particularly worthy prey. There's nothing really special about him that a Predator should care about. Predators look for a worthy prey on their own, and having a bunch of bodyguards does not equal to a worthy prey.
Dutch would be the trophy. The worthwhile challenge is getting by all the security. It'd be a slightly different take on the hunting theme. Along the way he could do battle with more worthy prey on his way to Dutch's head.

overthere

Dutch is off limits! He's got the get away from Predator free card

Uglymfdude

Uglymfdude

Are we really going to compare a redneck to a yautja. Some rednecks are evil attempting genocide on all blacks, even going so far as to tar a brotha up, paste him with feathers, light him ablaze,whilst tied limb from limb to two horses, and then the evil redneck holler "YAHH" im done with convincing people to see the dark nature of predator maybe i will do afan film of bad blood/dark blood prrds. Im sure some of them are evil too. Setting off a nuke to save his own skin....concrete jungle pred from the game 

whiterabbit

Quote from: overthere on Mar 30, 2016, 12:13:55 AM
Dutch is off limits! He's got the get away from Predator free card
And that's why he's going to kill the Predator with some cockamamie boy scout trap. Dutch lives; Predator dies. I mean if the Predator doesn't die, how can we even call it a Predator movie? :P

uglymfdude

uglymfdude

uglymfdude

uglymfdude

That is a good idea lets have The Predator win for once. Who would go see it if the hunter wins? All heroes die.

overthere

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 30, 2016, 02:04:44 AM
And that's why he's going to kill the Predator with some cockamamie boy scout trap. Dutch lives; Predator dies. I mean if the Predator doesn't die, how can we even call it a Predator movie? :P

Kill a Predator with a trap again? I don't think so. He can't even get into a situation where he fights the Predator, nor would a Predator fight him, in my vision of what Predators are like.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Mar 30, 2016, 12:13:55 AMDutch is off limits! He's got the get away from Predator free card

If he's helping people to actively go after and capture Predators, I don't see why they wouldn't decide all bets are off.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2016, 07:44:38 AM

If he's helping people to actively go after and capture Predators, I don't see why they wouldn't decide all bets are off.

I imagine Dutch would be behind curtains as far as Predator is concerned. I don't see how the Predator would track down who's behind the mission without dealing with paperwork. If Dutch wasn't personally involved in the action, the Predator wouldn't come in contact with him and connecting the dots about Dutch would be some sort of detective work which Predators are not really interested in.

And Dutch is too old to actively go after one. That would be insane. And a particular kick in the nuts would be if a 70 year old Dutch is able to kill a Predator. That would be the final Predator movie cause after that the Predators would quit what they're doing.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Mar 30, 2016, 07:54:42 AMAnd Dutch is too old to actively go after one. That would be insane. And a particular kick in the nuts would be if a 70 year old Dutch is able to kill a Predator.

I actually agree with this, but that doesn't mean Dutch can't still be involved. What if whoever he's advising actually captures a Predator? What if he's actually there giving them helpful info wherever they take it to? That could make him a legit target.

whiterabbit

I was actually thinking purely random coincidence that Dutch just happens to be the President when The Predator decides to go bag himself a president. Hunting a world leader would be a challenge even if the leader isn't the primary challenge. The security detail and military would be the challenge. Plus it's the office or rank that claims the respect worthy of a place on the trophy wall. He could actually be the commander of the joint chiefs for all I care and the President could be the Rock. That's just an example.

Or Arnold's now in the CIA and decides to send in a crack team trained personally by him to ambush and capture every damn Predator that comes a hunting. Before they know it, there are hundreds of them locked away. As soon as the government realizes that these Predator are a massive nuance The Predator arrives to find out what's been going on. Negotiations begin and there's only one solution. Old Dutch vs An aging predator elder. Each leads a team of soldiers in combat against each other. No weapons, no artificial advantage. They wage this war from afar strategically advising each team on how to best precede. Dutch's team wipes out the Predators. The Elder then blows everything to hell as Arnold Smokes a Cigar and says, "whatever".

:laugh:

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2016, 08:08:55 AM
I actually agree with this, but that doesn't mean Dutch can't still be involved. What if whoever he's advising actually captures a Predator? What if he's actually there giving them helpful info wherever they take it to? That could make him a legit target.

I always thought about that scene with a twist where the Predator kills everyone in the facility he was captured in, but specifically leaves Dutch alive because he recognizes him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed