Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,575 times)

Perfect-Organism

Yah!  That is exactly my CNE experience last year!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 21, 2019, 09:38:07 PM
Ready Player One gets a pass though , because the whole point of the movie involves callbacks and shout outs and tributes. It's not some movie that supposed to be its own thing but is over indulging in paying tribute to other films and franchises, or in the case of an aliens film, other alien movies.

The whole point of that movie is to make references to popular culture.

The thing is, is that it can be that but also be a good movie at the same time. But it wasn't. It was ok at best.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 21, 2019, 09:50:14 PM
I don't think it was the "whole point" of the movie and especially the book.
While it wasn't the whole point of the book, didn't Spielberg did say in an interview that this movie was meant for someone to go "I know that reference"?

Corporal Hicks

Voodoo Magic

"Twentieth Century Fox will continue to be led by Vice Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Film, and President, Production, Twentieth Century Fox, Emma Watts.

Fox Family will continue to be led by President Vanessa Morrison, reporting directly to Watts.

Fox Searchlight Pictures will continue to be led by Chairmen Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula.

Fox 2000 will continue to be led by President of Production Elizabeth Gabler, overseeing the completion of the current slate."

It sounds like Elizabeth may have the only caveat, i.e. "the current slate". Her term may be limited.

TC

TC

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 22, 2019, 04:38:19 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Mar 21, 2019, 12:30:16 PM
The idea of retconning Aliens and Alien³ so a family return is a plebeian proposal.

Why blame Blomkamp for that? That's all on Weaver. His original story was Ripley-less.

Looking at the concept art that's been so far released, if you subtract the Ripley/Hicks likenesses in order to not be distracted by them while trying to glean the nature of the original script, what you get is a setting concurrent or slightly post-Alien 3 that doesn't retcon the existing films. ('existing' means the non-prequel films).

To wit: WY has already gotten it's grubby hands on not only the Alien but also the Space Jockey tech., and is busy exploiting them both in its bio-labs; the creature being mutated into a variety of experimental forms and a new SJ derelict being "grown" from scratch. Assuming that in the rewrite the Ripley character supplanted a role already plotted for someone else, there is a resistance fighter intent on sabotaging WY's efforts, with backup from a mercenary force.

Not much to go on, but OK so far.

This is the best compilation I've found of known facts about Blomkamp's Alien 5:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rhxOBNj2FDk

TC

XenoHunter99

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

God, it sounds like a f**king blood bath atm.

Local Trouble

I expected this, but I always hate to see it actually happen.

The Old One

The Old One

A bloodbath?

Local Trouble

Huggs

There's just a lot of tomato soup being thrown around.

Voodoo Magic

Wait. Since when does blood take baths?

Huggs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed