Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 23, 2015, 09:04:39 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus 3 and 4 (Read 24,705 times)

marrerom

Very good news!

whiterabbit

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 23, 2015, 04:14:59 PM
I'll stand by my 130 million dollar prologue comment any day.
You're not standing by much since that is exactly what it was.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 12:27:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2015, 12:08:19 PM
My biggest concern is the script too. Ridley came into Prometheus with a strong screenplay from Spaihts and then it just went to pot. I really hope its worked on well for the next however many.
Umm, I remember the Spaihts stuff sounding absolutely horrible. Was the screenplay really that strong?

Spaiht's script was a much more solid piece of work than the final product. It needed polishing - as tmjhur says, removing the direct tie-ins to Alien - but it was a far more cohesive piece of work.
Ok... but still happy with what we got in prometheus vs that. :)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2015, 09:04:39 AM"The whole point is to explain the Alien franchise and how and why the creation of the aliens."

I thought that stopped being the point when you decided Prometheus wasn't gonna be an Alien prequel and was gonna be its own, separate thing...?

DaddyYautja

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2015, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 23, 2015, 09:04:39 AM"The whole point is to explain the Alien franchise and how and why the creation of the aliens."

I thought that stopped being the point when you decided Prometheus wasn't gonna be an Alien prequel and was gonna be its own, separate thing...?

Yeah, the reporting here is EXACTLY the reporting for the last film where it went from it being an alien film to not being an alien film from interview to interview.

So with this i stop caring about these films and will likely put them on the bottom on the Alien\Pred franchise.
That's right, i will put AVP on top of these films.

Athens

Athens

I have allways been a big fan of the movies of aliens and AvP I look forward to seeing more movies.seeing how aliens come to be is great A big thank you and as I said I look forward to seeing more  :)  :)  :)

whiterabbit

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Sep 23, 2015, 10:33:16 PM

Yeah, the reporting here is EXACTLY the reporting for the last film where it went from it being an alien film to not being an alien film from interview to interview.

So with this i stop caring about these films and will likely put them on the bottom on the Alien\Pred franchise.
That's right, i will put AVP on top of these films.
Hey man, harsh language cuts deep. :P

pred169

Agreed. I'm all for creative freedom but only to a point. At some point he needs to make up his mind on whether or not he wants it to be alien related or not. Stop going back and forth... it's an alien film.. it's not an alien film..... sh*t or get off the pot. Plain and simple.
   Personally I think he's just saying he wants to tie it into an alien film again due to fox green lighting Blomkamp. He was over the whole alien thing and I believe he was even quoted as saying he was done with that story. Then once news of Blomkamp getting green lit for another alien film surfaces he suddenly finds a lost love for the franchise again... and wants Blomkamp to edit his story because it may interfere with what he has planned for the franchise. Sorry you had your chance for another addition to the franchise and YOU decided you were done with it. Move on.

Liberator

It's the fact both Alien and Predator, as series, have a future that could be rather bright.  And they are intertwined.  It makes sense to embellish with back-story now, rather than make an independent movie.  I have high hopes.

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps he's been convinced otherwise. Or it was more about the visual image of the Alien than anything else. It can still lead more directly into Alien without using the creature itself.

But I do see where you're coming from though.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 07:56:16 PM

I'd have to disagree. The script is far better than the film.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Liberator on Sep 24, 2015, 03:53:55 AMIt makes sense to embellish with back-story now, rather than make an independent movie.

But when they so specifically altered the concept of the original film so that it would be its own independent series and wouldn't be linked to Alien, suddenly reversing that call now kinda smacks of desperation.

dave1978

Whoa,  slow down Ridley,  not even started P2 yet and we all know that will blow.  Already got you lot hook line and sinker though.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2015, 07:28:03 AM

Wait, just to be clear, we're talking about the ultramorph script/screenplay where shaw single handily exterminates alien after alien?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:13 AMWait, just to be clear, we're talking about the ultramorph script/screenplay where shaw single handily exterminates alien after alien?

Still better than the film we got. It makes sense, for one.

And none of us have ever claimed Spaihts' script didn't need more work. But when they gave it to Lindelof he made it worse, not better.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2015, 07:28:03 AM

Wait, just to be clear, we're talking about the ultramorph script/screenplay where shaw single handily exterminates alien after alien?

I do.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2015, 09:55:10 AM
Still better than the film we got. It makes sense, for one.

And none of us have ever claimed Spaihts' script didn't need more work. But when they gave it to Lindelof he made it worse, not better.

And as HuDa says. On both points.

I've said it needed work. But it's a far better script than what Lindelof produced.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm probably wondering about Ridley's interest in leaping into Paradise Lost territory

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed