What are the plot holes in the Alien & Predator movies?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 27, 2020, 07:01:02 PM

Author
What are the plot holes in the Alien & Predator movies? (Read 3,791 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

No one is perfect and I am sure there must be a few. So...What are the plot holes in the Alien & Predator movies?

Probably not a plot hole, but I always thought that the dragon should take Ripley in order to the hive to protect the Queen.

FenGiddel

There's three of them on the inner edge of the derelict. Dallas & Co. enter through one.

Immortan Jonesy

Are you a Scientist Man?  please be my father  ◕‿‿◕

SM

Quote from: FenGiddel on Feb 29, 2020, 01:38:29 AM
There's three of them on the inner edge of the derelict. Dallas & Co. enter through one.

Didn't Kane go down one too?

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2020, 04:39:56 AM

They couldn't keep him out of it.

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2020, 04:39:56 AM

Oh my goodness, it's Riddled with them!

Huggs

I see what you did there.

On a serious note, I honestly can't think of any actual plotholes in the first 3 films.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 01, 2020, 03:14:39 AM

On a serious note, I honestly can't think of any actual plotholes in the first 3 films.

There's the egg on the Sulaco, but that has its own thread.

. . .

Drake was full of holes after the acid bath.

Spoiler
:'(
[close]

FenGiddel

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 01, 2020, 03:14:39 AM

Yep. Seriously, there have been some fiery discussions of the definition of "plot hole"., and the lack thereof. 

SM

People often mistakenly call a continuity error a plot hole.

Huggs

Let's split the difference and call it a continuity hole.

SiL

A plot hole is a hole in the established logic of a film. It's not a continuity problem, an inaccuracy, or something someone finds weird.

Fifield getting lost, for example, is a plot hole: he's established as the guy with the mapping software leading everyone through the structure. Then he's lost with no explanation. This is a hole in the established logic of the film.

The egg being upside down on a random piece of ceiling on the Sulaco is a plot hole, but an egg being on the ship isn't (there was, after all, an egg laying monster on the ship at some point).

SM

^ All that.

razeak

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2020, 10:44:09 PM
A plot hole is a hole in the established logic of a film. It's not a continuity problem, an inaccuracy, or something someone finds weird.

Fifield getting lost, for example, is a plot hole: he's established as the guy with the mapping software leading everyone through the structure. Then he's lost with no explanation. This is a hole in the established logic of the film.

The egg being upside down on a random piece of ceiling on the Sulaco is a plot hole, but an egg being on the ship isn't (there was, after all, an egg laying monster on the ship at some point).

So when did the queen glue the egg to the ceiling? :P

SM

"The egg being upside down on a random piece of ceiling on the Sulaco is a plot hole".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed