The Weyland-Yutani Report makes AVP canon?

Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 21, 2019, 05:32:44 AM

Author
The Weyland-Yutani Report makes AVP canon? (Read 13,272 times)

Frosty Venom

Quote from: SiL on Feb 21, 2019, 01:33:03 PM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 11:35:15 AM

No where did I suggest that this means the AVP films are also canon. Though I do consider them so myself.
It felt like it at first from the Weyland example.

My original post had no mention of Weyland. It was not until SM mentioned it that I gave a rebuttal.

SiL

I meant when you argued the point about the omission, but, fair point!

Frosty Venom

So confirmed Xenomorphs and Yautja exist in the same universe.

Voodoo Magic

Indeed.

Frosty Venom

It would be safe to assume then that The Predator is a part of this new canon (post Fire and Stone and Out of the Shadows) and the film canonizes AVP (2004), right?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 06:07:23 PM
It would be safe to assume then that The Predator is a part of this new canon (post Fire and Stone and Out of the Shadows) and the film canonizes AVP (2004), right?

Well I like my canon film-only / non-EU but I'll play along.  :)

You're basing it on the spear? Did anyone photo compare them, basically to identify if the spears are indeed a match and it's the same spear from AvP (2004)?  Because to me they look different, hence not a match, hence AvP (2004) has not been re-canonized.

This would mean AvP battles happened in this new canon, but not the exact events from AVP (2004).

Unless you're going off of something else?

Samhain13

Samhain13

"Canonizes". Good to see that canon threads are still ongoing.

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2019, 05:37:08 AM
There are also no references to the AvP films.

He was talking about the AVP EU.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 06:55:08 AM
For a lot of fans, there shouldn't even be an A without a P.  :(

Many fans only got into the series due to the AVP concept, normally I see non-fans automatically associating one to another, despite the divorce many still see it as one. And this concept has always been a big part on here, AVPGalaxy started as a AVP2 site after all.

Local Trouble

Would Ridley totally redeem himself if he brought predators into the fold in a third prequel?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 06:07:23 PM

Nope. It only references the Fire and Stone story and by extension the Life and Death. But feel free to head canon as you like.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 21, 2019, 06:32:29 PM
"Canonizes". Good to see that canon threads are still ongoing.

;D

QuoteMany fans only got into the series due to the AVP concept, normally I see non-fans automatically associating one to another, despite the divorce many still see it as one. And this concept has always been a big part on here, AVPGalaxy started as a AVP2 site after all.

Pick your favorite poison, Alien or Predator, I believe AvP has been very good for both franchises. I know someone myself who never was fond of either Alien or Predator, but the matchup between both enticed him. And the more fans brought into the fold, the better I say.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 06:00:16 PM
That's been true since 'Predator 2'.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 06:51:16 PM
Would Ridley totally redeem himself if he brought predators into the fold in a third prequel?

Is that bait? f**k it. I will take it.

That's... too unbelievable to even consider. As long as Ridley didn't try to mess with the Predator lore or put them there just to be stepped on by David I wouldn't mind. An AVP movie done by Ridley... I can't imagine how it would even be like. His mind is too random to be fully predicted. But I guess some good avp action might be more fun to watch than whatever Ridley is currently planning. Still it wouldn't be enough redeem him, he needs to undo his last decisions.

As much as I want the space jockey to be great again, I would prefer if Ridley just forgot the David made the alien thing on the next one.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 21, 2019, 06:56:18 PM
Pick your favorite poison, Alien or Predator, I believe AvP has been very good for both franchises. I know someone myself who never was fond of either Alien or Predator, but the matchup between both enticed him. And the more fans brought into the fold, the better I say.

My story is a little similar.  :D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 21, 2019, 06:57:08 PM

Doesn't P2 just mean that aliens inhabit the predator universe, but not necessarily vice-versa?

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 21, 2019, 07:01:41 PMAs much as I want the space jockey to be great again, I would prefer if Ridley just forgot the David made the alien thing on the next one.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's already forgotten it.  And if anyone tried to remind him of it in order to maintain continuity going forward, I also wouldn't be surprised if he told them to f**k off.

The Kurgan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 07:02:46 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he's already forgotten it.  And if anyone tried to remind him of it in order to maintain continuity going forward, I also wouldn't be surprised if he told them to f**k off.

Sounds about right  :D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 21, 2019, 06:57:08 PM

Doesn't P2 just mean that aliens inhabit the predator universe, but not necessarily vice-versa?

On it's own I think that's fair.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 21, 2019, 07:01:41 PM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 21, 2019, 06:56:18 PM

My story is a little similar.  :D

Well there we go. More common than some may think!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed