Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,777 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2020, 04:04:49 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 31, 2020, 03:23:37 PM
I mean, I can at least see whats going on in The Predator the entire time

That's too bad...

;D

BURN THAT THING!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 31, 2020, 04:20:13 PM

That's too bad...

;D

BURN THAT THING!

It looks like a Guillermo del Toro style creature...or even like a classic  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

That's too bad...

;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

That's too bad...

;D

BURN THAT THING!

Woof!   :laugh:

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 31, 2020, 05:07:25 PM

That's too bad...

;D

BURN THAT THING!

It looks like a Guillermo del Toro style creature...or even like a classic  :laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/HK9Foed.png

Yeah actually, it kind of does!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 30, 2020, 09:21:28 PM
AVP:R is obviously the shittier movie, but after watching The Predator twice (fast-forwarded myself through the second half as it's painfully excruciating to pull through the whole thing), I have to say that AVP:R is way more "enjoyable" despite its amateurish C-movie worthlessness. The Predator, to me, is probably the least enjoyable movie out of all the AVP/A/P movies out there, and to be frank, in many ways it's arguably nearly as stupid as AVP:R.

I'd say AVPR is like Critters (1986) taking itself too seriously: alien rampage on a small town with space cleaners kicking the alien asses. There is even a glimpse of an extraterrestrial place, and an alpha Critter so to speak; which is Bigger and Badder.  :laugh:

I guess one can enjoy it as a campy movie or the Alien / Predator equivalent of So Bad, It's Good. In the case of The Predator, I think is just bad though, and it's a shame cos unlike Brothers Strause...Shane Black had more resources on hand and was part of the original Predator.  :-\

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Ok this is not a plot hole by any means, and might be fall into the "plot convenient" category. Although it's still somewhat inconsistent with the Predator lore, so here we go. In AVP Requiem, the Predator crew didn't even bother to scanning Scar's body for the sake of security, and we know that they can do that...

They could have found the Predalien and destroyed the body or whatever.  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2020, 08:08:09 PM
Ok this is not a plot hole by any means, and might be fall into the "plot convenient" category. Although it's still somewhat inconsistent with the Predator lore, so here we go. In AVP Requiem, the Predator crew didn't even bother to scanning Scar's body for the sake of security, and we know that they can do that...

https://media.giphy.com/media/TGu0Tpy78aF13wMIAJ/giphy.gif

To be fair, you have to blame the first AvP film for setting that up. Requiem had no choice but to follow it through.  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 08:59:30 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2020, 08:08:09 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/TGu0Tpy78aF13wMIAJ/giphy.gif

To be fair, you have to blame the first AvP film for setting that up. Requiem had no choice but to follow it through.  :)

Fair enough again ;D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

The Predator should not even be able to use x-ray vision as that requires sending out radiation.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's conceivable it could be built into it's mask though.

SM

SM

Why shouldn't they be able to use x-ray vision?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

On the audio commentary Anderson said he intentionally have all the predators at the end unmasked so they wont see the embryo so its not a plothole if no one is wearing a mask, merely a question why

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Jun 16, 2020, 12:51:19 PM
Why shouldn't they be able to use x-ray vision?

Because of the mechanics on how x-rays work, the predator would need to constantly be shooting out radiation to be able to see inside an organism, at least that is how I think x-rays work.
That being said, we are talking about a species that has plasma weapons and cloaking system, so its not really the most out there thing about them.  :P

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 16, 2020, 12:14:48 PM
It's conceivable it could be built into it's mask though.

Perhaps but I am not sure if there is any helmet or goggles that can see through organics like that. At least by current technology. Glad to see you are ok though, you have been gone awhile.

SM

SM

Is it possible to fit a nuke in the wrist thingo along with everything else the wrist thingo does?

Nove Elemento

Nove Elemento

In my opinion, The Predator, while not great, is still a better and much more entertaining film than AVP2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed