Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 51,649 times)

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 07, 2019, 07:23:49 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Feb 07, 2019, 06:46:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 07, 2019, 04:40:16 PM
I think most will agree on the fact that Wolf was cool design wise, and on the fact that Ian Whyte nailed the body language/movements. But Wolf also did too many stupid things regarding his mission, just for the sake of the "coolness" of doing it. And it did gave the impression that he fight useless bugs. So not so badass after all...

At least Wolf was still just 'hunting' despite doing some stupid stuff.

I'll take that over Preds kidnapping autistic kids and injecting themselves with their DNA and bringing humans Iron Man suits to fight the Upgrades who want to take over Earth...

Preds are only supposed to hunt ? Wolf wasn't even on a hunt at all.

It's no surprise that the two best movies in the franchise are about the hunt. I'm not saying you can't expand on the lore but if you re-read my post, Austic DNA injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits is the biggest middle finger to Predator fans.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

QuoteIt's no surprise that the two best movies in the franchise are about the hunt. I'm not saying you can't expand on the lore but if you re-read my post, Austic DNA injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits is the biggest middle finger to Predator fans.

Bingo.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:05:52 PM
QuoteIt's no surprise that the two best movies in the franchise are about the hunt. I'm not saying you can't expand on the lore but if you re-read my post, Austic DNA injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits is the biggest middle finger to Predator fans.

Bingo.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Predator is like the Alien Resurrection of the Predator franchise.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 07, 2019, 11:24:52 PM

That's probably the most true statement I've read in this thread.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:25:47 PM

Yep, both are bad parodies, but Resurrection is that much worse in my opinion because it takes itself so embarrassingly seriously.

The Predator > Alien Resurrection
Assassin Predator > Newborn

But both bad.

The Old One

The Old One

No.

Alien Resurrection's coherent, at least.
And visuals, excellent.

Covenant > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP > The Predator > AVPR

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 07, 2019, 11:41:14 PM
No.

Alien Resurrection's coherent, at least.
And visuals, excellent.

Covenant > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP > The Predator > AVPR

You find autistic child hunting, spinal fluid injecting Predators vs humans in Iron Man suits superior to AVP:R?

Whoa.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah so do I.

One is a bad film that messes with the lore and the other is AVPR which is Asylum level terrible. Ive seen it twice and the second time was a chore, had to force myself to finish it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 07, 2019, 11:54:37 PM
Yeah so do I.

One is a bad film that messes with the lore and the other is AVPR which is Asylum level terrible. Ive seen it twice and the second time was a chore, had to force myself to finish it.

Oh, it does much more than mess with lore. I wish that was the only damage this movie had done.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Meh I can easily fansplain away most of the attempted lore stuff. At least there is some enjoyment to be had. Some funny dialogue, fun kills, and good chemestry between the looneys. Also I really liked Fugitive and just his escape scene was better than AvPR as a whole (Fugitive > Wolf  ;) ) Not to say that The Predator is a good film, it is bad and the lore that it tries to change is cringeworthy. But at least I can see whats happening in The Predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 08, 2019, 12:02:38 AM
But at least I can see whats happening in The Predator.

Try the blu-ray AVPR director's cut on a HDTV. 
Huggs tested. Huggs approved.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have the bluray and have a 4k tv. It doesnt change anything, you can hardly see any detail in any scene involving the creature.

D88M

D88M

Really hard question to answer, both movies are practically unwatchable, this deserves a detailed analysis of every aspect from a filmmaking standpoint (script, direction, music, dialogues, acting, action scenes, edition, etc) to both films to really know for sure, but they are terrible.

Resurrection is in another whole level of quality compared to The Predator.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 07, 2019, 11:36:48 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 07, 2019, 11:25:47 PM

Yep, both are bad parodies, but Resurrection is that much worse in my opinion because it takes itself so embarrassingly seriously.

The Predator > Alien Resurrection
Assassin Predator > Newborn

But both bad.

If you think Resurrection takes itself seriously, then you have not watched the movie of completely missed the point. The script, maybe, takes itself seriously, but the actual made movie? Nop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed