Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 225,789 times)

Gash

Gash

Some will insist that the sounds are all Lambert. I've always felt that part of that audio was the alien.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Gash on Jun 07, 2016, 06:37:07 AM
Some will insist that the sounds are all Lambert. I've always felt that part of that audio was the alien.
I believe this also-but which part of the audio was the Alien is still unclear.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I still wish they'd gone with/been able to film the original idea of Lambert getting sucked out piecemeal through a tiny hole in the ship's hull. That could've been horrific if directed with a little more class than Resurrection did it.

Adam802

Adam802

Yeah, I always believed(and still do) that the Alien raped Lambert to some degree at least.  I always imagined the Alien in the 1st film to have some level of intelligent "sexual-deviancy" to it in a creepy way.  Made it even more scary and horrific. 

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Adam802 on Jun 30, 2016, 04:14:03 AM
I always imagined the Alien in the 1st film to have some level of intelligent "sexual-deviancy" to it in a creepy way.  Made it even more scary and horrific.

Agreed. Part of the reason why I think of the first Alien as being the only time I've found the Xenomorph legitimately unnerving.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Could this be what Lambert was dangling from?

Corporal Hicks

It'd have to be near Parker's resting place. Probably somewhere closer to the door.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

From the contact sheet.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry, I can't really see anything in that.

SiL

SiL

There are hooks that spare suits are hanging off over where Parker is.

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough. Struggling to see that myself. Even then, those hooks could be elsewhere in the room. Sorry, I think it's just the picture you posted in the Best Non-Alien pics thread made it look like they were quite close together and it always seemed to me that Parker was knocked across the room, away from Lambert's position. That's not to say that the Alien couldn't have moved either of them.

SiL

SiL

I can't see it in that image, but watch the scene and you'll see the hanging suits and the empty hooks.

EDIT

Just checked on YouTube, can't see empty hooks but there's suits aplenty.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 03, 2016, 09:49:14 AM
I'm sorry, I can't really see anything in that.
I couldn't get the image any larger.Lambert looks further away than in the film.Perhaps the camera angle or the lens used made them look closer.

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jul 03, 2016, 08:29:37 AM
http://imgur.com/ABe74P3.jpg

From the contact sheet.

Going by the contact sheet image i attempted to match the positions of the bodies in the same (redressed) locker room set.

YouHaveMySympahties

Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I felt the want to reply because I honestly can't believe that there are people who think the Xenomorph didn't inflict sexual violence on Lambert. The alien totally raped Lambert. Scott has gone on record many times as saying that the film is an allegory for sexual violence and bodily invasion. The facehugger itself rapes Kane.

I don't know why people seem to want to find a disconnect between a director with a mission statement of conveying sexual violence through the film's imagery, and what is quite obviously intended to be a sexually violent death for Lambert. I mean for God's sake, let's just look at the editing. The tail slithers up between her (Brett's) legs before she suddenly convulses, and then we hear very long and drawn out shudders/shrieks, as if she is struggling to breath through considerable exertion. They're the sorts of sounds a woman makes when she's pushing a baby out of her womb.

I think the implication is pretty clear that the alien is forcing its tail up her vagina. I'm not saying Scott had the idea right from the offset. We all know that isn't true. But I think it's obvious that he saw an opportunity to add an extra dimension of sexual horror to her death scene, through the insertion of the footage of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs. And then of course, when we cut back to the scene of all the carnage, Lambert's pants have been torn off and there's blood pretty clearly running down the length of her legs.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: YouHaveMySympahties on Sep 04, 2020, 12:32:36 PM
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I felt the want to reply because I honestly can't believe that there are people who think the Xenomorph didn't inflict sexual violence on Lambert. The alien totally raped Lambert. Scott has gone on record many times as saying that the film is an allegory for sexual violence and bodily invasion. The facehugger itself rapes Kane.

I don't know why people seem to want to find a disconnect between a director with a mission statement of conveying sexual violence through the film's imagery, and what is quite obviously intended to be a sexually violent death for Lambert. I mean for God's sake, let's just look at the editing. The tail slithers up between her (Brett's) legs before she suddenly convulses, and then we hear very long and drawn out shudders/shrieks, as if she is struggling to breath through considerable exertion. They're the sorts of sounds a woman makes when she's pushing a baby out of her womb.

I think the implication is pretty clear that the alien is forcing its tail up her vagina. I'm not saying Scott had the idea right from the offset. We all know that isn't true. But I think it's obvious that he saw an opportunity to add an extra dimension of sexual horror to her death scene, through the insertion of the footage of the tail slithering up between Brett's legs. And then of course, when we cut back to the scene of all the carnage, Lambert's pants have been torn off and there's blood pretty clearly running down the length of her legs.
All that's implied is that something unusual and horrific (compared to the previous victims) happened.

The body was partially or completely stripped of clothing, the blood running down the bare legs and pooling under her mangled foot could be from a head wound (head bite), instead of her nether regions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed