Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,606 times)

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: HunterWarrior on Jan 22, 2010, 12:14:54 AM
I was just looken at this picture and thinking back to the trailers ect ive seen for the game and something kinda hit me.

I know its not a biggy but it still is something they should of fixed prior.

Alright if you look at the picture the predy is facing us, the laser mount is on the right side of the bio "helmet" and his backpack with his cannon is on the left...now in game from the scenes i recall the laser turns on on the right hand side of the screen when your looken through as the predator and the cannon shoots on the left side........lol

I mean its kinda not big but again..detail.

if your not following if the laser mount is on the right on the pic that means when we play the laser when it turns on should be on the left side of the screen rather the right. and the backpack is on the left side of this picture above but ingame the cannon shoots from the left side..get me?

If iam wrong and nuts..w/e iam tired lol

Videos have shown that the laser and Plasmacaster are in their natural positions. the Video was just flipped.

FrostbyteZER0

FrostbyteZER0

You'd think that Fox would give them entire access to whatever they may need to create the ultimate game..

To be honest i don't like that they are having licensing issues as far as creating maps.. I would love to play on a MP level thats almost a complete replica of Hadleys Hope compelte with multiple sub levels, upper levels, working doors, elevators, breakable lights and sh*t weather. Hell, even a straight jungle replica of the final battle in Predator would be sweet. That would be a sick map to play Predator Hunt on, or whatever the game mode is that you have Marines vs Predator and only way to be the Pred is to kill the player that is him..

Tomar

Tomar

Quote from: FrostbyteZER0 on Jan 22, 2010, 12:40:17 AM
You'd think that Fox would give them entire access to whatever they may need to create the ultimate game..

To be honest i don't like that they are having licensing iddues as far as creating maps.. I would love to play on a MP level thats almost a complete replica of Hadleys Hope compelte with multiple sub levels, upper levels, working doors, elevators, breakable lights and sh*t weather. Hell, even a straight jungle replica of the final battle in Predator would be sweet. That would be a sick map to play Predator Hunt on, or whatever the game mode is that you have Marines vs Predator and only way to be the Pred is to kill the player that is him..

Quote from: Tomar on Jan 22, 2010, 12:30:47 AM
Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 22, 2010, 12:22:39 AM
Quote from: Steve C on Jan 22, 2010, 12:20:26 AM
I just want the predator sounds (weapons and ESPECIALLY vision modes) to be pulled from the first two movies rather than AvP-R.  Seriously, what's so hard about that?

A lot, copyright wise.

That then depends on the higher ups and "heads" from FOX whether certain things are allowed or are being seen as mental property of maybe certain people (directors like JC or RS or JMcT or the authors/script writers etc.) that do not want that certain things are being stolen or altered from their original concept. 

This, pal.

Honestly, I also would like to see certain things like direct copies of certain levels and or parts of areas we know off from the movies but if they belong to people that have contributed them to the license they are their mental property and not to be fiddled around with ;).

Brother

Brother

As I recall they only mentioned they can't create original skins from the movie like Hicks and Hudsons, there wasn't anything about sounds.

FrostbyteZER0

Bummer. Oh well, here's to new maps of a better design and quality!

HunterWarrior

Quote from: Remonster on Jan 22, 2010, 12:37:29 AM
Quote from: HunterWarrior on Jan 22, 2010, 12:14:54 AM
I was just looken at this picture and thinking back to the trailers ect ive seen for the game and something kinda hit me.

I know its not a biggy but it still is something they should of fixed prior.

Alright if you look at the picture the predy is facing us, the laser mount is on the right side of the bio "helmet" and his backpack with his cannon is on the left...now in game from the scenes i recall the laser turns on on the right hand side of the screen when your looken through as the predator and the cannon shoots on the left side........lol

I mean its kinda not big but again..detail.

if your not following if the laser mount is on the right on the pic that means when we play the laser when it turns on should be on the left side of the screen rather the right. and the backpack is on the left side of this picture above but ingame the cannon shoots from the left side..get me?

If iam wrong and nuts..w/e iam tired lol

Videos have shown that the laser and Plasmacaster are in their natural positions. the Video was just flipped.

mkay coo, then nvm :P

Xenomorphine

Quote from: S.Y.L on Jan 21, 2010, 04:57:41 PM
if you look at the videos you`ll see the gun drag and move as a result of physically moving or simply looking around. it`s subtle, but it`s there :)

If true, that's awesome. I only saw it doing the 'slightly moving' thing when you were standing still, not walking, which was what broke my immersion: Fluid weight snapping to a static hand-hold. If that's different in some of the videos, then it's hopefully been fixed.

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 21, 2010, 05:10:19 PM
We're not talking about a bug, or a balancing issue.  This is a design that they decided on after months and months of planning.  It won't be changed, at all.

Yeah and some of them make no sense, like the Predator HUD. :) There was word put out that this was in the process of being reviewed, so, if it does turn out to have been kept the same... I dunno', it's equivelant to when the ADI people saying how their sculpted Alien heads were superior to the 'Aliens' ones.

Design decisions, even if deliberate, do get changed: Aliens being given back their high speed is a point in case. Something else which was said to be under review and, thankfully, they chose to change it for the better.

BROTOX

BROTOX

^^This. Just look at how much Killzone 2 changed post release....constantly getting tweeked and readjusted. It improved overall for the most part but it was a mess. Not uncommon nowadays in the industry unfortunately. :(

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I just want the whip crack sound when you fire the plasma caster or change vision mode. Meh the vision mode changing isn't a big deal but the plasma caster sounds hellish. I wouldn't even regard myself as a fan, and it still annoys me. Propper predator fans are probably self harming right now.

Steve C

Steve C

^^ Truth.  But once again, these are relatively minor issues that should be fixed by mods down the road.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

But I'm getting the 360 version  :(

It will be nice if they do change it, but if they don't I can probably live with it as it is. I've only just discovered by reading this thread that you can actually throw the spear thingie. So that will definitely be my weapon of choice.

Giger_Incubator

I still don't understand why the Plasmacaster blows people up now.  Is burning a hole through someone not cool enough?

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I've only seen an alien being hit with it so far, and that looks pretty shit. If it blows humans appart like that too then it's coolness has seriously diminished.

Another thing that's worrying me about the predator campaign is the fact that you can't seem to kill anyone, in any way, without losing the cloak. That's going to make it fairly difficult at some points to kill more than one enemy without giving yourself away is it not?

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Jan 22, 2010, 04:09:15 AM
I've only seen an alien being hit with it so far, and that looks pretty shit. If it blows humans appart like that too then it's coolness has seriously diminished.

Another thing that's worrying me about the predator campaign is the fact that you can't seem to kill anyone, in any way, without losing the cloak. That's going to make it fairly difficult at some points to kill more than one enemy without giving yourself away is it not?

I think thats the point.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Aye obviously. But why? I expected the predator campaign to be quite stealth oriented. But from what I've seen so far it looks like after you get a stealth kill or two, someone sees you and you're only option is to beat them to death or run.

That's fair enough if there's only a few enemies. But if there's an entire base to contend with like that, it's going to get a bit tedious. For me anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed