AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Interview with Ian Whyte

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 21, 2016, 08:40:32 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Interview with Ian Whyte (Read 13,083 times)

Darkness

You're a dark horse. I was pretty surprised when I saw this interview pop up in my feed. I always wanted a post Prometheus interview with the guy. He seemed pretty set against not returning to Covenant. I thought it'd have been pretty easy to have him play another Engineer if they were using them again.

Corporal Hicks

I aim to please, boss!

Yeah, he seems pretty certain on his not returning. I understand his Engineer died but considering the prosthetics I didn't think it'd be too crazy to see him back as a different character.

Corporal Hicks

I met Ian yesterday. What an absolute gent. I got the poster out for him to sign. He recognized the site name, asked if I was Aaron and then told the con worker to give me my money back as the autograph was on him! He was so friendly and so tall!

426Buddy

Wow awesome! I'm pretty jealous though,  lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2016, 08:43:49 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 22, 2016, 11:03:43 PM
Do you know if Ian has been contacted by the studios for Predator 3 ?

I assume you mean Predator 4 -  I don't know, sorry. I'll try to ask him this weekend. He did mention he'd been asked about Predator 3 though.

I asked and he hadn't heard anything about it yet. But it's still pretty early on anyway.

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 28, 2016, 12:15:39 PM
Wow awesome! I'm pretty jealous though,  lol

Haha! Thanks.  :P

CthulhuQueen

Wow, nice one Hicks! That's one tall chap!

He seems like a genuinely nice person, very un-Hollywood.

Xenoscream

A few things I would love to ask him:

1. What was your brief on the Engineer character? Any info on where they come from, what the motivation is, how to perceive people etc?

2. Was the suit you were wearing meant to be part of the engineer's body?

3. What's going on in the engineer's head throughout your scenes?

Does anyone know if any of these questions have been answered anywhere?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CthulhuQueen on Feb 28, 2016, 08:48:07 PM
Wow, nice one Hicks! That's one tall chap!

He seems like a genuinely nice person, very un-Hollywood.

Thanks! He really was lovely. One of the friendliest I've met at one of these events! I'd say Carrie Henn and Roy Scammell were just as nice!

Quote from: Xenoscream on Mar 01, 2016, 10:54:22 AM
1. What was your brief on the Engineer character? Any info on where they come from, what the motivation is, how to perceive people etc?

I would say this one was answered in our interview with Ian.

Quote2. Was the suit you were wearing meant to be part of the engineer's body?

3. What's going on in the engineer's head throughout your scenes?

Does anyone know if any of these questions have been answered anywhere?

I can't say I've seen these ones asked exactly like this but they maybe out there.

USCM1776

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:11:12 PM
I aim to please, boss!

Yeah, he seems pretty certain on his not returning. I understand his Engineer died but considering the prosthetics I didn't think it'd be too crazy to see him back as a different character.

And considering the original 2 predator movies had the same actor play both predators it's not unlikely

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed