The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,841 times)

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 07, 2018, 09:56:55 PM
South China Sea is largely considered the best Predator novel. I haven't read it because its out of print and it costs a lot to buy a copy. :'(

If there's any justice, an omnibus is inevitable.

Xiggz456

Just listened to the podcast. Great interview Hicks!

I'm sincerely hoping for the DH Press Predator novels to get Titan's omnibus treatment as it's the only EU lit that I haven't read.

felix

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 08, 2018, 01:59:42 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 07, 2018, 09:56:55 PM
South China Sea is largely considered the best Predator novel. I haven't read it because its out of print and it costs a lot to buy a copy. :'(

If there's any justice, an omnibus is inevitable.

Same here. I would love another Predator Omnibus.

HuDaFuK

I saw the Predator omnibus in a book shop the other day; sadly, there was a conspicuous absence of "Volume One" or anything on the cover, unlike the first Alien one, which makes me wonder if they'll be moving on to the DH Press books.

Stitch

Finished this last night. I'm now hoping that the movie lives up to it, because if this was filmed it would be awesome.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 09, 2018, 03:20:28 PM
I saw the Predator omnibus in a book shop the other day; sadly, there was a conspicuous absence of "Volume One" or anything on the cover, unlike the first Alien one, which makes me wonder if they'll be moving on to the DH Press books.
It's official title is literally "The Complete Predator Omnibus", despite it being, you know, incomplete. :P

Corporal Hicks

Well...it's a complete collection of the old Bantam/Millennium novels.

Xenomrph

Sure, but I don't think the description on the cover clarifies that. :P

Wweyland

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 09, 2018, 01:48:12 AM
Just listened to the podcast. Great interview Hicks!

I'm sincerely hoping for the DH Press Predator novels to get Titan's omnibus treatment as it's the only EU lit that I haven't read.
Same here. I have heard of a lot of praise for "South China Sea" but seems that "Forever Midnight" gets a lot of flack for meddling with the Yautja culture (and naming) established in the AvP novels.

Corporal Hicks

They're not the Yautja. The Hish are a completely different interpretation of the Yautja as the author had not been asked to include the Yautja nor did he know about them.

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2018, 08:39:38 AM
They're not the Yautja. The Hish are a completely different interpretation of the Yautja as the author had not been asked to include the Yautja nor did he know about them.
So are they basically like Super Predators, an offshoot of the Yautja? Or maybe everyone should just forget this book and move on.

Corporal Hicks

It's a fun little distraction from the past that occasionally gets referenced. I still stand by Flesh and Blood, though. (that has a much more toned down Hish in)

Marc505

Just finished this and found it one of the most enjoyable Predator novels I've read.

The Predator himself was absolutely brutal, every scene featuring it was a proper treat. The Reaper characters were mostly well established, too.

Only slight gripe probably was the author's frequent use of the word "hell" as an exclamation in sentences from most of the characters, which feels as if it's one of the author's own particular well used expressions that has seeped into the writing, but otherwise excellent and a real appetite whetter for the film.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Loved the fair ground sequence and that he used a disc instead of that shuriken nonsense. I could understand it being used against xenos but I absolutely loathe the fact they've never brought the predator 2 disc back

gabgrave

Not sure if it's been posted before, but here is a new review of the movie tie in novel.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-predator/275741/what-we-learned-from-the-predator-hunters-and-hunted-prequel-novel
Some interesting write up and comparison with the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed