Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention

Started by Keyes, Jan 14, 2016, 07:46:58 PM

Author
Ridley Scott implies "Hard R" intention (Read 56,325 times)

NickisSmart

As long as they're not giant, 6-foot tall albino penguins.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: NickisSmart on Feb 05, 2016, 07:14:00 PM
I don't know about that... you do remember what eats those 6-foot tall albino penguins right? It's right up Alien's alley.

Also didn't anyone for a moment think that we're all miss-interpreting Ridely's definition of Hard R...  he could mean that it'll be a Hard Romance!

stroggificated

stroggificated

You know how this sounds to me? Let's compensate our mediocre movie with mindless gore.

And of course, it will not top the tension of Kane's chestburster scene. Scott reminds me more and more of Peter Molyneux. Stop telling things you can't accomplish.  ::)

Perfect-Organism

You can't top the original chestburster.  Aliens films are more about exploring the perilous and wonderous mysteries of the universe now.  The new fim does need a new surprise, but it should be more in the sense of a revelation than a more gross chest bursting scene.

Btw, penguins entered the aliens universe in the first AVP film... ;D

stroggificated

Actually, the birth scene in Prometheus was a good one for me and almost no blood was needed for it. My toes prickled, because i can't watch birth scenes anyway.  ;D Also Fifield would have been so much creepier with his original mutated appearance. He could have been the actual terrifying monster in this movie but they wasted it.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I loved the medpod scene too. I thought it was great.

426Buddy

I loved the medpod scene, was done very well even if it wasn't very scary.  The fifieild scene could have been so awesome, needed to be less frantic with more terror plus
the CGI design.

OpenMaw

The medpod scene was alright. The general idea is stronger than the execution I think.

The end of it is pretty damn stupid. Shaw just rips the cord out of herself? Oh, yeah, that won't cause massive internal bleeding and kill you, and the notion of just stapling a wound like that shut and being able to do... Anything at all, is just silly.

Whatever they have in store, I just hope that the script is solid.

whiterabbit

The medpod scene would have been great if Shaw died on the table. Everything after using the claw to remove the beastie failed hard. I can buy the running in a straight line because they were running downhill and in fact they both took a 90 degree turn down hill but not with that wound. Some extra blood would have helped sell it. I wish a little more effort was put into it. All it did was spray, zap and staple. It needed to be more complicated than that, in my opinion.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 06, 2016, 02:59:26 PM
A xeno-penguin... now that would have been something.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 07, 2016, 03:58:54 AM
The medpod scene would have been great if Shaw died on the table. Everything after using the claw to remove the beastie failed hard. I can buy the running in a straight line because they were running downhill and in fact they both took a 90 degree turn down hill but not with that wound. Some extra blood would have helped sell it. I wish a little more effort was put into it. All it did was spray, zap and staple. It needed to be more complicated than that, in my opinion.

You mean a xeno in a suit?  That's obviously what a xeno-penguin would be..

whiterabbit

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 07, 2016, 04:24:51 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 07, 2016, 03:58:54 AM

You mean a xeno in a suit?  That's obviously what a xeno-penguin would be..
Now I'm imagining a xeno with penguin feet and arms. Oh that thing would be so cute.

NickisSmart

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 05, 2016, 10:09:12 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Feb 05, 2016, 07:14:00 PM
I don't know about that... you do remember what eats those 6-foot tall albino penguins right? It's right up Alien's alley.

Also didn't anyone for a moment think that we're all miss-interpreting Ridely's definition of Hard R...  he could mean that it'll be a Hard Romance!

Glad someone got the reference. :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Not sure if this could have anything to do with Alien: Covenant or whether it's for one of Scott's myriad other projects?

https://twitter.com/tilburyboy/status/699979584159272961
I recall a few months ago someone claimed that Scott Free was doing location scouting for Covenant at Dunluce Castle.

Apparently he also had dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio last night. Could it be for a possible role in Covenant or another upcoming film?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2016, 07:07:50 PM
Apparently he also had dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio last night. Could it be for a possible role in Covenant or another upcoming film?

I certainly hope not...

NickisSmart

I hope not. I can't usually stand DiCaprio.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed