AvP2 Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Aug 25, 2007, 09:00:21 PM

Author
AvP2 Trailer Analysis (Read 33,743 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

People who are upset that the aliens "owned" the "pansy-ass" preds in the first film need to put their heads on straight. I'm not going to get into the nitty-gritty details of the film, but the first fatal flaw with this argument is comparing it with the AVP comics, novels and games which had so horrendously skewed both species in the first place. Rabid predator fanboys are especially notorious for revelling in these dillusions of grandier and it doesn't make the rest of us pred fans look good. Stick to the prior films to draw logical, no-nonsense conclusions. Secondly, the preds were young adults who had received much training, but didn't have a whole lot of experience, so there is some leniency.  I'm pretty damn sure if Fox had cut Anderson loose, he would've delivered the massive epic we were all hoping for. He was always for intense gore and terrifying pacing for AVP and it wasn't something he wasn't familiar with either. Event Horizon is proof of that. So it blows my mind when people accuse him of deliberately watering it down. So cut him some slack and lay off the incessant death threats and "in-your-face" smack talk, guys.   :-\   I really doubt he's reading them.    ;)  

alienperson

alienperson

It's a public thread chief....noobs hahaha

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

anyways i think we're done talking about the trailer now it's time to start pondering what the poster and such will look like

J

J

how is comparing to the comics a fatal flaw, without the success of the first series of avp there would be no movies to bicker about. Aside from all that look at the movie and look at the comics and you'll see Master Observer that Anderson basically took the whole entire comic idea and ran with it but decided to set it in the antarctic....

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

The poster will be a huge two part, on one side it shows Wolf's head/mask on, from the side, on the left side of the poster a ridged head alien. Dark misty background and in the middle are some decreased size images of fice characters with flashlights looking at both creature, caught in the middle. The Captions above the decreased size people say,                                   This time he is alone                                 This time it's personal Either that or.                                      One Town                                    One Warrior                                One Hundred Aliens   Or.                              Trapped in between                                    Their War                                   Our World  These are all fake, but my ideas, what do you guys think?

Krycek

Krycek

I'm a Alien fan over Predator anyday but the pure badassity( yes, it is a word) of the Pred in this trailer just makes me so happy. I think of the Preds almost in the same like Clint Eastwood in the Man With No Name movies. All business and no pussy-footing about it.

Yautja Elder

Yautja Elder

O-SOME!!!!!! cant wait for the movie

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

What do you guys think, I got three more poster captions.                               Look in the Sewers                                It's a Predator                               No It's an Alien                             No, It's a Predalien  Or.                      A Lone Warrior Out for Revenge   Or.                            One Hundred                                   To                                  One

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

Personally I think the   Their War Our World  is the coolest one, but so far I'm the only one answering my own question.

Gill Predator

Gill Predator

predator keep two Facehuggers   ???  

Harms

Harms

I'm sure there were more, just that they showed only two escape.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

The trailer is awesome, there were a few things about the aliens that was about iffy for me but awesome nonetheless

TK1999

TK1999

I am absolutely elated with how this looks and can't wait for the release..........HURRY UP X-MAS!!!!!

PREDALIEN-K.

PREDALIEN-K.

It's time to Hunt

Randomdude

Randomdude

Ok, this trailer was awesome!!! I love BOTH Predator and Alien Franchises... ALOT... and I love how the trailer gave the feel of both Predator AND Aliens at the same time... and I do agree that the first movie was leaning towards the aliens as far as the fights go, but the moive really was Predator 3(With aliens) it was there story and everything, the aliens were just and I quote "Cattle" that the predators hunted.... so it had to kinda balance out. I didnt nessecarilly like the fact that the ONE predator was killing all the aliens and holding the both of em... BUT i would SO take it, this predator being an ULTIMATE WARRIOR Predator. who's mission is to wipe out the traces of all aliens, and anybody who gets in the, I also agree the Predator seemed less honerable, BUT I think he is a KILLER and on this mission it has nothing to do with the honerable hunt! and yes this trailer was way more exciting than the whole entire first movie.... Randomdude out...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed