AvP Sci-Fi Convention Report

Started by Darkness, Jun 28, 2004, 10:48:59 PM

Author
AvP Sci-Fi Convention Report (Read 15,046 times)

Variable

Variable

What do you say there about P2 being awfull. It was a big improvement over A3 and AR. P2 was good. Sure Danny Glover wasnt no Arnold but he was ok. Maybe the $ in the movies was...not good but...ok it was bad but were would we be without P2. It cleared up alot and gave the pred more weapons, told us they hunt in clans, may I remind you that it started the AVP thing. The alien head on the wall launched the whloe thing. It made more sence the AR and easyer to follow. Sorry guys but pred2 was good.

ElTiburon

ElTiburon

Im really glad that Fox is confident enough in this movie that they're planning a sequel. Great! I would love to see A5 or P3 but the whole space jockey thing would probly go right over the heads of most people. Sadly, i think Alien franchise is done.   Ya kno, how in P1 Arnie says : "I knew these men they were in green berets out of fortbragg?" My dad was in special forces at fort bragg and guess what? His helicopter crashed in a jungle in central america. Thankfully, he survived tho!

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

lol, thats wierd.  about the date though....anyone know?

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

HEY VARIABLE I DUNNO IF U WERE TALKING TO ME BUT I NEVER SAID P2 WAS BAD

ElTiburon

ElTiburon

I agree P2 was a pretty cool movie...maybe not as good as the first but still really nice. But i think im biased because i love everything that has to do with aliens and preds...  I have no idea about the date...the official site just says august 04

Harry Turner

Harry Turner

NO ALIEN 5! what evil people work at fox! screw Predator! and AVP2. the only reason im looking forward to AVP is cause of the Aliens, granted, the predators are cool. but the aliens just do it that little bit more for me :)  NO ALIEN 5! :( also it would have been nice to have seen a Predator 3 and sort out where they messed up with Predator 2

tribalcore

tribalcore

DO YOU GUYS NOTICE PAUL ANDERSON ALWAYS LEAVES ROOMS FOR SEQUELS IN HIS MOVIES LIKE EVENT HORIZON, RESIDENT EVIL, MORTAL KOMBAT? I JUST HOPE HE DOESNT MAKE IT TO OBVIOUS BECUZ THEN IN MY OWN OPINON ID THINK IT WOULD BE CORNY LIKE THE END OF FREDDY VS JASON. PAUL ANDERSON!!!!DO MAKE IT CORNY!!!!!

WolfAlien

WolfAlien

Where does it say that about the date???

Variable

Variable

@SHURIKEN, Im not saying that whole thing to you, to the people that said P2 is bad is who I am addressing it to. And yes tribalcore, I have notice what Anderson does at the end of his movies. As a matter of fact I posted that fact a while ago. Dunno if you saw it. Hey ElTiburon, everyone is glad your special forces dad is still alive. Kind of a weird coninsidence though.

Cheezyspam

Cheezyspam

well I don't wanna beat a dead horse, but no Pred. 3?? There's so much story left to tell, I'd love to see the series take it to their home planet, or at least show more of the inside of their ship.  Aliens is actually my fav. of the 2 species, but even I'll admit that the series is just digging their own grave. however I'd like to see it resolve the story line and not leave it wide open the way A:R did... (At least till they make a stand alone movie without Weaver)  Didn't Darkness just post an interview with Sonny Lundlum (SP?) stating that there will be a Pred. 3 and that "it's coming"? Maybe Sonny didn't have the facts straight... or perhaps FOX changed their mind? Hmmmm....

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

it used to be that if AVP did well, itd be  no Pred 3 no A5 and an AVP2  if it did bad it would have been P3 possibly A5 no AVP2  however, it now seems that there will just be an AVP2

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

I gave the reasons why I did not loved P2 that much. Sure I enjoyed it alot, but was still on my hunger. I hoped more. The pred was not good looking at all compared to the first one, that deceived me alot. Sure tha weapons were awsome the best in the movie industry, but to reassure you all, I loved P2 more than A3 and Res put together. but it wasnt good enough compared to the legendary sequel to Alien, Aliens. I still think today that Aliens is the best holywood sequel ever made. But P2 had potential. I mean in the city!! cmon what a brilliant idea!! Was so cool. But to see what they made of it is deiceving. we saw more in this movie about the pred alot more. But it was not enough. Even tho each time i saw the pred, I closed up to the tv to see closer, and that after each damn scenes that we were seeing the pred I was rewinding it to see it like 20 times before passing to the next scene. But after seeing Aliens, I told muself man I want to see P2!!!! And when I saw it, I was deceived. I dont hate the movie, but I really think that they could have made it WAY!!! better. Thats all.  Anyway can anyone of ya guy plz tell me wich did came first?? movie or comic. And with the dates plz.  Thanx.

Variable

Variable

I cant help you there Hell Alien. I dont have dates. The movies came first. At leaqst it was like that with the Alien movies. The original Predator the movie came first. That is all I know for sure.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

the comics came before Predator 2, thats where the idea for the alien skull actually came from, just some recognition to the comics.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Ah well forget it. Thanx anyway. I will try to find it by myself.  AND THE DAMN AVP NOVEL IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iV ALMOST READ THE 2 ND CHAPTER NOW, THEY ARE IN THA PYRAMID ALMOST AND THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET UGLY!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed