When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,162 times)

monkeylove

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2017, 03:23:05 AM
Even factoring in marketing and Hollywood accounting - neither film "did badly".

If it earned around $20 million for the studio and investors, then it did well as that would be equivalent to something like an 8-percent ROI. Of course, if profits will be needed to bankroll more projects or if the film is meant to be a tent-pole and cover losses of other films, then probably not.

windebieste

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 29, 2017, 03:18:03 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 29, 2017, 01:17:12 AM
Well you know what they say about arguing on the internet..

Would you say that Alien Resurrection was better than Aliens?

Some people do.  :P

-Windebieste.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 29, 2017, 01:05:08 AM
What's so cheesy about "Play it again, Sam"?

Um......nothing that I'm aware of. You do understand I only used Blaine's quote as a what-if example, right?

No matter, you've shared your reason below....

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 29, 2017, 01:05:08 AM
How about "trying too hard" and "unsubtle"? 

I'm not seeing that applicable to Ripley's line, but thanks for sharing your reason.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Well its Camerons take on things, you definitely dont have to like it and the hangar wrestling match that follows that line certainly is anticipating all the unnerving blockbuster overkill fights we have to deal with today, most of the time accompanied with a neverending stream of: thats right, cheesy one liners --

Thanks Jim!

Rudiger

All the memorable lines of dialogue come from Aliens.

Local Trouble

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 29, 2017, 03:15:22 AM
Hicks have you heard anything? Heard today they were soliciting treatments.

I haven't, I'm afraid. Have you heard anything specific?

SM

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 29, 2017, 07:32:16 AM

All I heard was "soliciting treatments". And that in the Covenant's "writers room" their primary focus was bringing back that original alien, which many of us feel was the weakest element of the movie.

Highland

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 29, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

All I heard was "soliciting treatments".

I take it that's boss talk for - " Give us ideas we got none again"

0321recon

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 29, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

All I heard was "soliciting treatments". And that in the Covenant's "writers room" their primary focus was bringing back that original alien, which many of us feel was the weakest element of the movie.

What they need now is to bring back the Engineers and finish their story properly with David and move on. If they want to insert the xeno, they better do it in a more tasteful way than being shoehorned in like it was in Covenant.

If I were Scott I'd bring the writer's team from Blade Runner 2049, and have them take a stab at it since the critics are raving how great that film is. Perhaps they can help ride the ship. Though, its unlikely that would occur.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

The way Covenant ends could potentially set up a sequel that would be a straight up alien rehash, the crew being trapped on the Covenant with David and his Aliens. But didn't some studio head say something to the effect of wanting to push the sequel in a new direction recently?

Found the quote I was thinking of, Fox CEO Stacey Snider-

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it. When universes are as rich as Alien they can stay in a too-familiar groove --- in which case you're in trouble --- but they can also find a planet or a storyline or a villain that also lives in that universe that can be groundbreaking."

Courtesy of cinema blend.

Rudiger

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Sep 30, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
The way Covenant ends could potentially set up a sequel that would be a straight up alien rehash, the crew being trapped on the Covenant with David and his Aliens. But didn't some studio head say something to the effect of wanting to push the sequel in a new direction recently?

Found the quote I was thinking of, Fox CEO Stacey Snider-

"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it. When universes are as rich as Alien they can stay in a too-familiar groove --- in which case you're in trouble --- but they can also find a planet or a storyline or a villain that also lives in that universe that can be groundbreaking."

Courtesy of cinema blend.

Two things have to happen. 1. The company must see the alien in action in order to want it for the bio-weapons division. 2. The derelict must come to hold its deadly cargo. This is the problem with prequels. We know where they are heading.

SM

The first one doesn't have to happen.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: 0321recon on Sep 30, 2017, 06:15:59 PM
If I were Scott I'd bring the writer's team from Blade Runner 2049, and have them take a stab at it since the critics are raving how great that film is. Perhaps they can help ride the ship. Though, its unlikely that would occur.

Michael Green (BR 2049's screenplay writer) was also one of the writers on Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed