brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,009 times)

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

I cannot believe they have posted a production still with a dead creature in the bottom right... what happened to having a big reveal???

To me it also looks a bit lame.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 01, 2011, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 01, 2011, 07:28:37 PM
Just guessing... Or am i? :)

Yes, you're guessing but you clearly want people to believe that you've got insider knowledge.
this.... no offence to the guy, but for me, his credibility went totally out of the window when he called the trailer fake and the moderator/staff liars, then had to backtrack when proven wrong, ive taken no notice of him since then....

thanks

rich

harlock

harlock

I'm not sure that ball-thing theyre investigating is an egg or a jockey-head...

Looking to the paint image where the "tube" of the Jockey head is outlined, it isnt that pronounced at all and could easily be an egg-flap, but then saying that I'd be playing Devil's advocate as its clearly not a xeno egg (at least a conventional one - the ridges at the top of the sphere are not what would be on an egg).

I guess it could be a Jockey head, as it looks more like one, but it is too small perspective-wise.
See the top-middle Jockey of the six pictures and you can see Giger airbrushing the left of it. That head is waaay bigger than the thing being investigated on the floor. Could be a plain Jockey head from under the helmet (I can see it being the same shape as a small Jockey head with closed eyes)...

...and everyone knows I'm the real film company lurker here  ;)

Master

Master

I made this to backup my observation. Thanks to the person that enlarged the picture in first place.

acidpits

acidpits

Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2011, 08:25:47 PM
No your definitely just guessing. I've noticed this about your posts also. Although you wouldn't be the first person with supposed inside knowledge that doesn't actually share anything significant.

That's because he's full of it.
The two people I met who worked on this movie who are good mates of my brother and who I've known for years (filming it, they work the cameras etc and call Ridley Scott 'Ridders') - do you know how hard it is to get info out of them? The chosen crew for this movie have so much respect for what they're doing (and the security of their jobs) that they will not let much of anything slip. If Michael Fassbender can't tell you on fear of death then a goddamn grip sure isn't going to say anything - there's nothing in it for them.

4 facts I know

1 - It's akin to The Thing in space.
2 - There are PG13 (PG) versions of scenes and R (18) rated versions of scenes - the R rated stuff is said to be truly horrific
3 - There are massive xenos somewhere in the movie but not as we know them
4 - The guys who talked to me about it (briefly) just call the movie Alien rather than Prometheus out of force of habit...

this is all old news and I heard about this a good six months or so ago, it's all common knowledge now. This is about the only info you're ever going to squeeze out of crew members - anything else is going to mean somebody's getting fired.

Just sayin ;)

BUGZ

BUGZ

Decapitated Jockey interesting... nice find dude.

JKS1

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

I think there were more corpses of the Space Jockey beings in the derelict. This one, clearly doesn't look like the one we saw in Alien.

zuzuki

zuzuki

better quality,sorry if it has already been posted.as fot he object they are strudying i though it was a egg type thing with a facehugger inside but it looks like something else

sdb5057

sdb5057

Is it just me, but to the right of the frame there appears to be some human tech.... maybe the humans accidentally ran over a SJ and this is the after image where they are trying to figure out wtf they hit.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Giger's 1978 concept painting 'Alien Hieroglyphics' always intrigued and bothered me, as it shows a race of beings purposefully impregnating each other to create aliens. (I know that this concept was never shown in the film and is not considered part of the canon at all, but it is one of Giger's more impressive concept works IMO). This post is shamelessly speculative and full of blundering assumptions, but let's say that Ridley has been informed by this artwork when figuring out his origin story for Prometheus (of course there may not even be an origin story in Prometheus).

What I never understood about this idea was, if the beings depicted were an advanced form of the alien then their one-for-one breeding program wouldn't of worked out too well. When we think of how they might of evolved we end up with a 'chicken and the egg' paradox, so you can assume that they didn't evolve on their own. Unless of course they are not the adult aliens at all but actually slaves to the aliens' masters, an oppressed sub-race engineered to be hosts for these 'weapons' and maybe even anatomically structured to be able to survive the 'birth'. (It would be handy in this case if you had a reversed rib cage.)

I speculate that what we are seeing dead on the floor is one of these 'slaves'. To loosely quote Ridley: "what they find is civilization, but with very uncivilized behavior". I also speculate that they are, somehow, related to human beings. These are the cats that challenge their 'gods' and are punished for it.

And if the round thing on the ground is a head, it looks far more like one of these guys than it does an SJ IMO.

-Chris.

P.S. I am just guessing, don't hurt me! ;)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Anyone else notice the runes or hieroglyphs in the human face?

The character depicted in the Giger hieroglyph looks suspiciously like a Space Jockey to me.....and didn't Lindelof just tweet that image saying that it would be important in Prometheus? If you think about it, while looking at Gigers image.....it shows a man or something in a pyramid being impregnated by something from an egg..,.at this point that something doesn't have to automatically be a Xeno as we know them...it could be anything, and the modus aperandi is egg-facehugger-unknown creature.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I never saw it as purposely impregnating.  The "jockeys" may just have "discovered" the eggs.  Harder to tell, but if it was a bio weapon, then it would make sense to have to have some sort of host here.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 01, 2011, 10:49:22 PM...and didn't Lindelof just tweet that image saying that it would be important in Prometheus?

Really!? Boom! ;D

I agree they do look like Jockeys, but maybe more half Jockey, half human?

-Chris.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 01, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
Anyone else notice the runes or hieroglyphs in the human face?

The character depicted in the Giger hieroglyph looks suspiciously like a Space Jockey to me.....and didn't Lindelof just tweet that image saying that it would be important in Prometheus? If you think about it, while looking at Gigers image.....it shows a man or something in a pyramid being impregnated by something from an egg..,.at this point that something doesn't have to automatically be a Xeno as we know them...it could be anything, and the modus aperandi is egg-facehugger-unknown creature.

link to lindelof comment?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed