brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,345 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 01, 2011, 05:32:09 PM
It's a dead facehugger egg and a dead engineer (or maybe just his suit).
Eggs are an already centuries old weapon, thus is what the Derelict Engineer was fosilised.
Prometheus is not about the origin of the xeno, they already exist.
They are cheating with the Engineer's size,it will not be as huge as the one from ALIEN.
But it will work, thanks to some clever camera work.

It's an Engineer that risesin front of the sandstorm in the leaked trailer.

Why would there be one random Alien egg in the middle of the floor.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Cool new pictures, what is that weird Alien on the floor?.

Space Jockey maybe?.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 01, 2011, 04:10:13 PM
Whatever that object is, it's got the Giger vibe.

You got a point my friend. It is so Gigerish. CanĀ“t wait to see it on screen.

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Dec 01, 2011, 04:21:33 PM
Its unfair that we have to wait another 7 months for this film to be out  :(

Even more unfair that in June I have to walk out of the cinema and still have to wait month for the BluRay release...;)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: mastermoon on Dec 01, 2011, 05:59:34 PM
Cool new pictures, what is that weird Alien on the floor?.

Space Jockey maybe?.

*** points to previous 26 pages of debate ****

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

The legs of the dead "jockey" looks very alien like...interesting. So maybe jockeys and aliens share some parts of the same DNA... ???

Look into my eye

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 01, 2011, 05:32:09 PM
It's a dead facehugger egg and a dead engineer (or maybe just his suit).
Eggs are an already centuries old weapon, thus is what the Derelict Engineer was fosilised.
Prometheus is not about the origin of the xeno, they already exist.
They are cheating with the Engineer's size,it will not be as huge as the one from ALIEN.
But it will work, thanks to some clever camera work.

It's an Engineer that risesin front of the sandstorm in the leaked trailer.

Engineer,
I get the impression, by your previous and last post, that you have some "inside knowledge" on Prometheus.
Your posts are never questions, but always statements, as if you are sure of what you are saying.
Care to comment, or am I over analysing your posts?

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 02:27:31 PM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 01, 2011, 01:10:00 PM
Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
how many years after alien is it meant to take place?

its a "prequel" its set before

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
is it just me or does the space suits look pretty unimpressive. Looks like the costume from xmen first class. Also the interior of the humans space craft looks kinda basic.  The ampule room looks amazing tho and that face on the wall is of the hook!

I would probably say this is an enviroment suit. Not a space suit

Sorry i meant how many years before is it meant to be set? The suit looks slightly more advanced than the one in the first film .

Personally I am okay with certain technology and suits etc looking a little more advanced in this film then in the original film. I mean, the crew of the Nostromo were space truckers, and may have already been using old tech anyway, maybe a ship that was already 40 or so years old. Old suits too. Where as in this film, we are following, say, NASA type people.

I look at it like this, people are still driving trucks and cars today made in the 70's, and when sitting next to a new vehicle at a red light, you can see a big tech and visual difference, but things are still familiar. You know?

Quote from: Miker25 on Dec 01, 2011, 04:32:39 PM
Quote from: robbritton on Dec 01, 2011, 01:22:49 PM
If it's an egg, then it's tilted on it's side with either the top or base mostly toward the camera. I don't buy it, though. I have to admit I'm seeing more xenomorph than jockey in the prone body, but then no-one knows what a Jockey looks like from the hips down, do they? It's all very intriguing!

I dont think it is an egg, to me it looks like possibly the head of creature on the ground like its been decapitated or something

I was thinking the same thing.

profox

profox

It fairly seems to me like an egg! then again why would they go there if it only has the ALIEN feel to it and not the elements? it may only be a reference though .....

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

I have a feeling , that so called alien egg from the promo image will play a major role in the movie....like it does in the Alien..

ryanjayhawk

ryanjayhawk

I'm looking at the high res version of the picture (albiet not the one that has been brightened up significantly) and all I can say is while the shape has some familiar elements to it no one can say for certain what it is.  Based on the flashlights shining on it we can def. say that the textures are reminiscent of the egg from Alien, however the details at the bottom and some of the shadows make it seem like it could easily be a head.  The shape is one of the things that throws everything off... it's too round to make me think of a head or an egg.  If it's an egg it's obviously not like the oval eggs we know.  The space jockey's head in Alien was somewhat round but this looks like almost a perfect sphere.  The proximity to the body and the angle allow for guesses that it's the head, though like mentioned the decapitation seems strange?  There is nothing like it in the other pictures which is weird because eggs have always been found together before.

I will say the low-res trailer cut does appear to have the item we are discussing with something "bursting" out?? 

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2011, 05:56:59 PM
Why would there be one random Alien egg in the middle of the floor.

Since Xenos won't appear, could be one of the few hints to ALIEN.

As for the Engineer suit looking a lot like a xeno is no suprise.
The biomeachnoid technology that created the Xenos is the same that conceived the suit Engineers use.
These suits could be a side product result of the research leading to the Xenos.

Quote from: Look into my eye on Dec 01, 2011, 06:14:52 PM
Engineer,
I get the impression, by your previous and last post, that you have some "inside knowledge" on Prometheus.
Your posts are never questions, but always statements, as if you are sure of what you are saying.
Care to comment, or am I over analysing your posts?

Just guessing... Or am i? :)

chupacabras acheronsis

yes you are. git outta here, punk.

Highland

Highland

No your definitely just guessing. I've noticed this about your posts also. Although you wouldn't be the first person with supposed inside knowledge that doesn't actually share anything significant.

I'd say an Alien egg isn't a hint, it's a full blown "This is an Alien Movie" statement.

I really don't understand why people are seeing an egg. It doesn't even resemble an egg apart from it "might" be oval.

Also......

Can anyone dig out the other face picture (the over the shoulder shot where you can see it's nose). I'm sure from memory that the room is set out different to the one with the dead creature. There could be 2 faces in seperate rooms, or the face might rotate.

I'm almost positve you don't see the chamber set out like that in the older screen cap.

Master

Master

Guys, now when I look at it I see Jockey`s head with closed eyes.  That would make sense the decapitated body and head of Jockey with closed eyes.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 01, 2011, 07:28:37 PM
Just guessing... Or am i? :)

Yes, you're guessing but you clearly want people to believe that you've got insider knowledge.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed