brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,621 times)

robbritton

robbritton

If it's an egg, then it's tilted on it's side with either the top or base mostly toward the camera. I don't buy it, though. I have to admit I'm seeing more xenomorph than jockey in the prone body, but then no-one knows what a Jockey looks like from the hips down, do they? It's all very intriguing!

LiquidMonster

LiquidMonster

First post, long time lurker! Hello all!

Let there be no mistake, this is a dead body of "something"  :o

Credit to the person who enhanced this picture from this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423722&page=24

Can't wait for the movie!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: robbritton on Dec 01, 2011, 01:22:49 PM
If it's an egg, then it's tilted on it's side with either the top or base mostly toward the camera. I don't buy it, though. I have to admit I'm seeing more xenomorph than jockey in the prone body, but then no-one knows what a Jockey looks like from the hips down, do they? It's all very intriguing!

I spoke to Ridley last night on the phone and he told me that they are building that idea into the ad campaign.

Something like: "you've seen it's head and shoulders........but now.........look at it's arse".
It's a winner in my book.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

I have to be totally honest here...
I'm very disappointed with this creature design.  :-\
It seems to be a ADI creature and a Space Jockey with legs...  :'(

Hicks101

Hicks101

Quote from: nendo on Dec 01, 2011, 01:10:00 PM
Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
how many years after alien is it meant to take place?

its a "prequel" its set before

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
is it just me or does the space suits look pretty unimpressive. Looks like the costume from xmen first class. Also the interior of the humans space craft looks kinda basic.  The ampule room looks amazing tho and that face on the wall is of the hook!

I would probably say this is an enviroment suit. Not a space suit

Sorry i meant how many years before is it meant to be set? The suit looks slightly more advanced than the one in the first film .

higherprimate

higherprimate

Oh wow I was thinking you all were crazy but with that new pic it is clearly something dead   And why are you guys disappointed?? We know NOTHING about what is really going on in these pics. I'm sure it will blow all of our minds!!

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

I'm sure this movie will be great,but now i didn´t expect to see great Giger creatures and designs on it.
More and more i realize that Giger had little to do with this film...hope to be wrong. :'(

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: Ivymike on Dec 01, 2011, 02:49:42 PM
I'm sure this movie will be great,but now i didn´t expect to see great Giger creatures and designs on it.
More and more i realize that Giger had little to do with this film...hope to be wrong. :'(

But the pic above...with the brightness adjusted...the figure on the floor to the right...it screams GIGER!!!

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Look carefully at the thing´s abdomen.Look too organic,the same for the legs.
Seems more like the Newborn to me,not something machine like as the Giger creations.
I do not like the idea of ​​the SJ having two legs.I expected something more...bizarre as the original Jockey.
Again...hope to be wrong.

Scree

Scree

Hey those official high-res photos look great. Now bring on the teaser trailer, FOX, because I refuse to watch that shitty leaked video.

Biomechanoid20

Biomechanoid20

Whatever that object is, it's got the Giger vibe.

Berserker Pred

Berserker Pred

Its unfair that we have to wait another 7 months for this film to be out  :(

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: robbritton on Dec 01, 2011, 01:22:49 PM

I dont think it is an egg, to me it looks like possibly the head of creature on the ground like its been decapitated or something

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Biomechanoid20 on Dec 01, 2011, 04:10:13 PM
Whatever that object is, it's got the Giger vibe.

I'm still not 100% sold on that it's a head. But ^ that helps illustrate what you've all been seeing. It's hard to imagine how something so presumably big and powerful (not to mention high intelligence) could end up decapitated in a pretty benign environment such is that one. Those humans don't look like they did it. More of a discovery scene it appears to be. I like a good mystery.

Maybe it's just the Jockey's helmet? And it's true head is obscured by that massive barrel chest of ribs.   

As for the rest of it's body ... it looks like a logical continuation of what's been establish/shown in Alien. The real prize is what's inside. I personally like that it mirrors/resembles human. Especially if it had a hand in the creation of mankind itself and ultimately our favorite xenomorph.   

Engineer1

Engineer1

It's a dead facehugger egg and a dead engineer (or maybe just his suit).
Eggs are an already centuries old weapon, thus is what the Derelict Engineer was fosilised.
Prometheus is not about the origin of the xeno, they already exist.
They are cheating with the Engineer's size,it will not be as huge as the one from ALIEN.
But it will work, thanks to some clever camera work.

It's an Engineer that risesin front of the sandstorm in the leaked trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed