brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 151,613 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 01, 2011, 02:55:33 AM
Graded according to the footage in Comic Con:

now THAT looks a helluva lot better !!

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:09:53 AM

Maybe Riddley can ask the Strausse  brothers to help him with the grading :D

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 30, 2011, 04:12:59 AM
What white guy doesn't look like the head in the Ampule room? Jesus...next..lol :)

Why bring race or skin colour into it ??!

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Dec 01, 2011, 11:18:30 AM
Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:09:53 AM

Maybe Riddley can ask the Strausse  brothers to help him with the grading :D

promo images are always lighter than the final version due to the post production still being carried out

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:20:17 AM
What white guy doesn't look like the head in the Ampule room? Jesus...next..lol :)

Looks like a white guy to me too. Now why would THAT be? Why the heck would an ancient alien race of 'Engineers' have a giant modern Anglo-European face hanging around? If they were somehow responsible for 'seeding' humans then those humans surely didn't look like that. Unless you ignore evolution, and have some time travel crap, and yes this is science fiction, and yes Ridley mention Erich von Daniken and...

Oh no...

-Chris.

EDIT: Nah, this is gonna be ace.  ;)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 01, 2011, 11:35:27 AM

Looks like a white guy to me too. Now why would THAT be? Why the heck would an ancient alien race of 'Engineers' have a giant modern Anglo-European face hanging around? If they were somehow responsible for 'seeding' humans then those humans surely didn't look like that. Unless you ignore evolution, and have some time travel crap, and yes this is science fiction, and yes Ridley mention Erich von Daniken and...

Oh no...

-Chris.

Yeah it does to me too, but why say 'what white guy wouldnt like it?'

implying that anyone non-white wont like it, or that the people who dont like the look of the head dont like it because theyre not white

ridiculous really

the apparent ethnicity of the head didnt even occur to me in the slightest when I first saw it

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: josh_axey on Dec 01, 2011, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: nendo on Dec 01, 2011, 11:03:28 AM
I don't care about the egg thingy or whatever. I care about the alien body on the bottom right of the picture

I'm hoping it's some kind of wrecked up mutated human mistake experiment thing personally. Half way between a person and a giger monster.

First thing i saw when i opened the picture ;D Really curious now :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:45:13 AM

Oh no...

-Chris.

implying that anyone non-white wont like it, or that the people who dont like the look of the head dont like it because theyre not white

ridiculous really

the apparent ethnicity of the head didnt even occur to me in the slightest when I first saw it

Dude, your not even reading posts correctly.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Let's stick to the topic at hand, guys.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Highland on Dec 01, 2011, 11:49:17 AM
Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:45:13 AM

Oh no...

-Chris.

ridiculous really

Dude, your not even reading posts correctly.

Whoops !!

Apologies are in order  :D :D

Completely dyslexic moment there

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/PROMETHEUS-monolith.jpg

While I was a little disappointed by how human the head looked when we first saw the pics, I really like the look of it in this HD image. It certainly has more of a 'Gigerish' vibe to it, and I like the idea that the head in the room is human, because in this room is where they keep all the DNA to create humans ?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 01, 2011, 11:52:47 AM...ethnicity of the head

A brilliant mystery!

-Chris.

Hicks101

Hicks101

is it just me or does the space suits look pretty unimpressive. Looks like the costume from xmen first class. Also the interior of the humans space craft looks kinda basic.  The ampule room looks amazing tho and that face on the wall is of the hook!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
is it just me or does the space suits look pretty unimpressive. Looks like the costume from xmen first class. Also the interior of the humans space craft looks kinda basic.
Looking at a high resolution picture you can see that the suits are somewhat scratched and dusty. Nothing like the Nostromo's junked up suits, but then again these guys are professional scientists. Haven't seen enough of the human ship to make any judgment calls on it.

Hicks101

Hicks101

how many years after alien is it meant to take place?

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
how many years after alien is it meant to take place?

its a "prequel" its set before

Quote from: Hicks101 on Dec 01, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
is it just me or does the space suits look pretty unimpressive. Looks like the costume from xmen first class. Also the interior of the humans space craft looks kinda basic.  The ampule room looks amazing tho and that face on the wall is of the hook!

I would probably say this is an enviroment suit. Not a space suit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed