Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 130,588 times)

SteaminStephen

SteaminStephen

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 19, 2010, 04:49:14 PM
Quote from: SteaminStephen on Feb 19, 2010, 03:39:08 PM
So iv played around 3 ranked matches online now
and came 1st twice
but still no achievements :s

Hey man, how did you get a game so quick.... are you getting matches quicker now? Last night took ages to get into a ranked match.

it takes me s couple if minutes to get into one
but generslly not too bad

Barry burton

Barry burton

as anyone ranked up from rank 1 and suddenly their rank 10?

ps3 version btw

SpacemanCarl

SpacemanCarl

They're definitely cheating. Aimbots are already out for the game. Steam forums are even picking up on the fact the motion tracker only picks up predator movements so maybe my assessment (another issue that needs addressing) before was a little premature but I'm sorry to say aimbots do now exist.
I'm not green to this either. I played AVP2 Hunt mode from the day it launch till the day I got fed up messing with Lithfaqs AVP2browser plugins.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: SpacemanCarl on Feb 19, 2010, 05:45:59 PM
They're definitely cheating. Aimbots are already out for the game. Steam forums are even picking up on the fact the motion tracker only picks up predator movements so maybe my assessment (another issue that needs addressing) before was a little premature but I'm sorry to say aimbots do now exist.
I'm not green to this either. I played AVP2 Hunt mode from the day it launch till the day I got fed up messing with Lithfaqs AVP2browser plugins.

You don't need an aimbot. The game aims for you without the help of external programs, foo'.

SpacemanCarl

SpacemanCarl

Does it? not on my game
I take it thats with a joypad then
Maybe I should use that or better yet re-install AVP2

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

What  i really want to know is why is there no host migration? you either just start a game and it ends straight away or you you are half way through a game and the host leaves,  you sit there waiting a while for a game just to end! well when iv upgraded my pc my online gaming is going back to that, even cod 3 had host migration, its no fun at all when you want to get used to maps infact its making not want to play the game online.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Yeah.  :(
When i actually get one.  :P

FrostbyteZER0

FrostbyteZER0

Yeah, Host Migration should be a necessity in all new games. lol

komodai

komodai

Completely agree, host migration is a must these days.  We can only hope community pressure aligns with Rebellion's excellent QA we've seen so far.

Hopefully that and Match browsing like the demo had, with better connectivity and we have ourselves a fiesta.

I can't tell you how many times my team has been beating someone and the host just drops near the end and nobody gets their XP.

Ego?  I don't understand, it isn't like the game tracks your deaths or penalizes at all. At least stay and lose like a Pred should and let us all rank up a bit.

Such are my pipe dreams  ;D

WeaN

WeaN

Can't believe Rebellion didn't put host migration RIGHT FROM THE START.
It's common sense these days ... it's as they didn't even look at what current successful MP based games do.
I hope for they sake they realize that and fix it SOON.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: SpacemanCarl on Feb 19, 2010, 06:10:07 PM
Does it? not on my game

No, on all platforms, with all kinds of control. It's less noticeable with a mouse. Regardless, it doesn't aim at cloaked Predators for you... as I said, cloaked Predators are just really easy to spot.

Omega1

Omega1

At the moment Ranked matches are just about unplayable for me due to getting booted and then receiving this message "HOST HAS LEFT THE SERVER". This was present in the demo as well and I orginally thought (like many others) that it was just the host rage quitting, but then I noticed when grouped up with some others that not everyone gets booted and receives the "HOST HAS LEFT THE SERVER" message whilst playing on the same server, so basically it is a random game breaking bug/glitch. So for me I can forget about ranking up and unlocking skins, the funny thing is I have not seen that many people report about this on the forums (or any other AvP game related forums).

A damn shame, the game is awesome, but this is a serious game breaker in my opinion.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

iv just played another game and guess what? ended early.. what rubbish.

SpacemanCarl

SpacemanCarl

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Feb 19, 2010, 07:20:19 PM
Quote from: SpacemanCarl on Feb 19, 2010, 06:10:07 PM
Does it? not on my game

No, on all platforms, with all kinds of control. It's less noticeable with a mouse. Regardless, it doesn't aim at cloaked Predators for you... as I said, cloaked Predators are just really easy to spot.

Am starting to realise that but there is one critical thing that was kindly locked in AVP2. Brightness settings. I wonder how many have whacked brightness up on AVP3 just to easily spot Preds.

shozum_oshima

shozum_oshima

Long time lurker but this thread has me coming out for my first post  ;D
PC version btw
Pathing issue in the Alien SP campaign tutorial where sometimes a scientist would be standing in the path of the 'armed' test subject. This would cause the game to remain in limbo since the 'armed' subject would continue to walk forward but was unable to pass through the scientist and since his movement is scripted he wouldn't walk around the scientist. Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't continue. Just restarted the checkpoint and the scientist wasn't in the way anymore.
Was getting a application lock up (not responding) after every online match. It would play fine, then after listing the stats where it would go to finishing match it would just go black and nothing. Alt tab and close program was the only way to continue. I updated my drivers for both my video card and Motherboard and now it works just fine.
Stuttering sound during the SP cinematics (graphics play fine though) and while in the MP lobby (might be host migrating). Going to try updating my sound card driver when I get home tonight.
The latency is horrid on most MP matches I play in with my ping almost never going below 1xx and I've seen several matches where everyone but the host had 1xxx ping. I'm sure this is causing the issues where out of 18 people in the lobby pregame, 7-10 might make it into the actual game and 6-8 might actually finish the match. It could also explain the numerous times I have been grabbed mid leap by someone and SKed. It might even explain how I can spam and/or hold the 'e' key when prompted in MP but it is less than dependable as it only works ~30% of the time. It probably also explains how or why my sprint for all races seems to turn itself off and on even though I am holding the sprint key down (I know about the cooldowns this is shorter spurts) and how I get the circle haze for a focus leap yet end up landing right beside them looking like an idiot instead of actually landing a hit (I have had the pleasure of knocking a marine down once w/focus leap in MP). I play SP however and I have no issues like these.
Win XP
Nvidia 9500gt
AMD 3500+
Sound blaster audigy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed