Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 90,687 times)

guymelfe

guymelfe

I was about to pick up some new Aliens novels for pulp fun and saw that this thing clocks in at ~512 pgs according to the Amazon listing for the hardcover and paperback versions. Is that correct? Or does the AVP wiki have it correct at 340 pgs?

Nukiemorph

It is 500-some, so that should be correct. But it's great!

(Speaking of which, in the Studio Yutani interview with Aliens Infiltrator author Weston Ochse, he claimed that he was confused by the criticism that his book felt short, because he said his book was about the same length as Phalanx. He must have been looking at the AVP wiki...)

xShadowFoxX

I just now read this and I will say that it really surprised me by how much it drew me in. Actually I didn't read it, I listened to the audiobook which is sort of the only way I can "read" books nowadays. I had a few problems with it, like some story elements seemed implausible or just too damn convenient for me. But it was a fun, tense read overall and I loved the protagonists.

Some Old Dude

It resolved itself a little too easily but, yeah this was a pretty interesting stab at making a medieval Alien story.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just finished another re-read of Phalanx and damn, I still love the f**k out of it. Such good world and character building and Scott does such a fantastic job making the premise  not just plausible, but entirely engrossing. Still maintains its spot in my top 5 Alien novels.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Starting my re-read into Phalanx too. I really would love a graphic novel and a TV series adaptation of the book. It's rich enough in it's storytelling that a stronger visual media can accompany the novel. 

Reading it again made me wonder why it took so long for the Aliens to start up their hive? It occurred to me that usually facehuggers are good at finding hosts and the book shows that those hoovert creatures (did I spell it right?) can be facehugged, so why did it take that long for them to take root?

Also, I would encourage Fox to let Scott make a sequel, like the AVP short story but as full on novel.

Wweyland

Wweyland

It truly is a fantastic and somewhat underrated book.

Slutty Badger

I want a pet vootervert!

Wweyland

Wweyland

Not sure if I would want Kaminus leaves for myself, but perhaps other in-universe characters would find out about them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed