Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 40,581 times)

Local Trouble

I like the rifle itself.  It's a nice marriage of the aesthetics from both of the first two films.

SM

SM

The production design is identical to Alien and the whole thing looks very Isolation, plus ye olde trailer music - which gives off a fan film vibe. Which follows since the guy has done his fair shares of remakes.

Overall though from that brief snippet, looks promising.

SiL

SiL

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lazy mouth tendons on the Aliens. AvPR put more effort in.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Having watched the trailer... I'm pretty much checked out. It doesn't look bad.. but it doesn't look good either. It didn't draw me in or drum up excitement for me and I was just bored watching it.

Am I gonna watch it? Well, yea, how often do you get to watch an Alien movie in theaters.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

In a word, it was "meh".

Cosmic Incubation

Love the look of the production design so far.

I watched that interview with Fede and I found it interesting what he said about the setting being a combination of an old and newer station. Giving a chance to have a marriage of the aesthetics of Alien and Aliens. Plus with the little nods to Isolation that have been spotted.

Should be very nice visually, and I'm interested to see if there's any further thematic subtext to the contrast/combination of both aesthetics.

Local Trouble

The CG bonce-clampers could still use some work. 

Acid_Reign161

Well, as it releases exactly one month before my 40th, I think it's going to be an early birthday treat to pay for a private cinema screening for my fiancée and I. 😊

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Gridseeker on Mar 20, 2024, 07:41:22 PMBTW, is it me or I´ve got vibes from Alien: Isolation?

Totally

SM

SM

Very blatantly.

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 20, 2024, 09:27:23 PMIn a word, it was "meh".

Wouldn't go so low as 'meh', but it's certainly not 'OH MY GOD I JUST DID THINGS IN MY PANTS!'

Local Trouble

If this is successful, Alvarez should make a trilogy of midquels.  He can do one between Aliens and A3 next to explain the egg on Sulaco.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2024, 09:36:05 PMVery blatantly.

Wouldn't go so low as 'meh', but it's certainly not 'OH MY GOD I JUST DID THINGS IN MY PANTS!'
Yea, like I love the look, but then things were jumping everywhere, I see a rifle about to be used on a space station, it just felt like they were trying too hard. Idk, they showed their hand a little too much and probably too early, but I had more excitement from the trailer for Prometheus.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 09:37:12 PMIf this is successful, Alvarez should make a trilogy of midquels.  He can do one between Aliens and A3 next to explain the egg on Sulaco.

100% behind this. Been saying forever that this route is the best way to logically explain both the egg and the use of a different cryochamber.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2024, 09:36:05 PMVery blatantly.

I was the latter. 🤣

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 20, 2024, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 09:37:12 PMIf this is successful, Alvarez should make a trilogy of midquels.  He can do one between Aliens and A3 next to explain the egg on Sulaco.

100% behind this. Been saying forever that this route is the best way to logically explain both the egg and the use of a different cryochamber.

Since Romulus is heavily inspired by Isolation, the next one should be heavily inspired by ACM.  Randy should consult.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed