Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,678 times)

Magegg

What will Disney do with X-Files?  :o

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Magegg on Feb 10, 2019, 04:45:37 PM
What will Disney do with X-Files?  :o

Absolutely nothing. Chris Carter has rammed that series into the ground harder that the Derelict on LV-426.

Magegg

Reboot. New characters. Gravity Falls crossover.

The Old One

The Old One

Right...

MoonRightRomantic

The first two movies grossed 1000% of their budget. The rest never grossed more than 3-400%. Disney doesn't have an incentive to continue the prequels and sequels, especially not with the convoluted continuity involving the engineers (new space jockeys) and drukathi (old space jockeys). Either they will start an alternate timeline from Aliens and declare everything else as Legends-style non-canon, or just reboot everything from scratch to avoid being constrained by old continuity.

I hope they will bring Blomkamp and Cameron back to work on Alien V. Sure, it's definitely pandering to fans and fan theories (especially the concept art of egg-morphing and deformed aliens hooked to alien machines), but letting Ridley Scott go in his own direction didn't work out so well.

Did you know that Ridley originally wanted the alien to kill Ripley on the shuttle and mimic her voice? He needs other people on the team to keep him in check!

Eldritch_DM

Forgive me, if this has been posted already but I just got home and haven't had time to go backtreading yet. I just saw this on Twitter.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-two-live-action-alien-series-are-in-the-works-and-ridley-scott-is-producing-one-at-hulu/

Perfect-Organism

Wow.  Epic if true.

I would want the following series...

1.  Alien Isolation series
2.  Covenant continuation
3.  Cold Forge series

I can't pick which one I want more between the last 2, but perhaps a Covenant continuation merits a film more.

The Old One

The Old One

Ah, so this is what WATCH was eh?

Amanda Ripley TV Series confirmed?

Huggs

I'd much rather have a show that follows Scott around. He just looks at things and either declares them brilliant or total sh#t.

The Old One

The Old One

:D

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 14, 2019, 01:46:27 AM
I'd much rather have a show that follows Scott around. He just looks at things and either declares them brilliant or total sh#t.

That would be funny.  :D

Huggs

"Aluminum foil, it scares the hell out of me. It's f#ckin' brilliant. We've got a fantastic script for it".

Samhain13

You don't want to go inside that man's mind. I warn you.

SM

Judge Riddles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed