Where did these images of the Alien come from?

Started by immortalundead, Jul 05, 2022, 10:44:30 PM

Author
Where did these images of the Alien come from? (Read 1,090 times)

immortalundead

I've always wondered where these images came from, and if there are any version of them alone? The Resurrection Vhs shows a Warrior from Aliens, is it a 3d model, picture of a costume? AvP 1999 and the legacy box set have very similar shots of the alien also. I've never come across them in behind the scenes images, or really anywhere other than on these specific examples. Reason I ask is they have always intrigued me as a kid, and are rather beautiful shots.

Corporal Hicks

The back of the Resurrection VHS is a statue that Stan Winston studios had.

SiL

They look like the same model.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd agree but for the shoulders of the Alien Legacy boxset one, and I think the head shape's ever so slightly different, but I think you're right about Resurrection and AVP Classic.

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 06, 2022, 10:52:59 AMI'd agree but for the shoulders of the Alien Legacy boxset one, and I think the head shape's ever so slightly different, but I think you're right about Resurrection and AVP Classic.
I think it's the angle and the fact the image is flipped (opposite arm is reaching out). It might also be a patchwork of several shots to get the specific pose.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd say you're probably right about the patchwork. False advertising on Alien Resurrection's part, tsk tsk.

immortalundead

Thanks for the info, I found an image of the front lobby of stan winston studios and it looks like you're right, it is that statue. Ill have to dig through my winston effect book and see if I can find some more images of it.

Jason Todd Voorhees

Sometimes they use Figures, CGI, and sketches and sometimes use practical suits.

It all depends on the people in charge of designs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed