Predators Script Article

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 09, 2009, 10:37:43 PM

Author
Predators Script Article (Read 25,970 times)

predator55

predator55

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Highland

Highland

thats gold  ;)

predator55

predator55

Thats gold for sure  :D

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Whoever hopes for a Predator flick in the vein of something like 300 or Sin City is definitely a few quarters short of a dollar. That's so not the Predator series. How about just a macho action flick, that's testerone-driven, but something that's also suspenseful.

And yeah, no black humor.

SM

SM

"Stick around".

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 27, 2009, 11:40:19 PM
Whoever hopes for a Predator flick in the vein of something like 300 or Sin City is definitely a few quarters short of a dollar. That's so not the Predator series. How about just a macho action flick, that's testerone-driven, but something that's also suspenseful.

No ones hoping anything of the sort on any thread on here hicks, I'm pointing out that if done right, it might up the grade of shit, from steaming pile to small turd...

If I thought a "macho action flick" was on the cards I'd be backing it. If anything just use your own experience , how many times have we been on here begging for a solid/true to the original movie only to be handed our worst nightmare? But continue to hold out if you like...until that first snap comes out.

predator55

predator55

;D

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 27, 2009, 11:40:19 PM

I think he is talking about the style in which 300 was done, and besides idk why everyone is trying to blow him up when he just made a simple reference.

plasmacannon

plasmacannon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2009, 09:37:37 AM
We've just uploaded an article on the Predators script that Rodriguez wrote over a decade ago:

"For years we all knew of the infamous Rodriguez script. The epic tale set aboard a Spanish Galleon with an estimated budget of $150 million! It was every Predator fan's dream, surely. It was written by Robert Rodriguez in 1996 as a writing assignment for some fun. It's been largely hidden from the public but is available on the internet. This article will take a look at this infamous script and whether it's actually entertaining. Well, here goes..."

The article covers a story summary, the main characters, how the script develops the predators and my own personal opinion on it. Just a reminder that this isn't the script for the current Predators but the original script Rodriguez in the early 90s. Check the article out.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/robert-rodriguez-predators-script/

Total and utter shyte.

dachande89

dachande89

Pirate Dutch? Space traveling humans wearing Pred armor?.... Oh boy. Glad this isn't being used.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

So...there's a Human/Predator trading scheme?  Okay, and the different types of Preds?  Uhh this sounds like Aliens now with the runners, drones, praetorians etc.  And Robbie wrote this for fun aye, well damn he must've bored shitless because this does read like a fan fiction.  In the 15 yrs since this crap was written the Pred mythos and lore is already well established in the literature i.e. comics and novels so to just ignore that would be blasphemous now.  I bet any money that if Brian reads this he'll have an instant hard on coz the mentioning of Dutch...

Mustafuck

Mustafuck

That script can not be serious.  This dude called Rodr

Darkness

Darkness

Great article, Hicks.  There's a lot of stupid stuff in that script.

SHREK

SHREK

Man this sounds like Brians wet dream   ::)  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Yep, when Brian finally reads that he'll be stroking himself alright.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed