AvPGalaxy Alien 5 Podcast

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 04, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Alien 5 Podcast (Read 15,013 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The first few months of 2015 have seen some interesting developments for the Alien 5. With a new Alien film now official and on the way, AvPGalaxy staff members Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop, DoomRulz, Xenomorphine and OmegaZilla took to Skype to discuss Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5.

The 24th episode of the AvPGalaxy Podcast sees us discussing Neill Blomkamp, how Alien 5 will fit into the continuity and our opinions on the idea of retconing Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. Be sure to download the episode and give it a listen! Agree or disagree with us? Then let us know down below.

The next episode will be a discussion of Dark Horse’s recent Fire and Stone comic series. If you have anything you’d like us to discuss please let us know.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Juuuuust before the retcon confirmation came out... Damn it!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 04, 2015, 09:56:17 PM

What confirmation?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 04, 2015, 11:52:53 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 04, 2015, 09:56:17 PM

What confirmation?
I knew it.  :laugh:

Necro

Necro

If this is indeed confirmed Blomkamp can suck a Facehugger's tube...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 04, 2015, 11:52:53 PM
What confirmation?

The article from a few days ago, where he's quoted as saying he doesn't believe the third and fourth movies "happened" (as in, he doesn't consider them a part of the continuity).

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 05, 2015, 02:01:57 AM
The article from a few days ago, where he's quoted as saying he doesn't believe the third and fourth movies "happened" (as in, he doesn't consider them a part of the continuity).

Oh that.. Yeah but he's not writing them out or undoing them. He's doing what Godzilla 1985 did with the Showa era films.

We got Alternate Timelines now! Pick and choose!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That's the idea but aside from one article he hasn't come out and confirmed it yet.

Jarac

Jarac

Good talk. I agree that a lot of people want a return to the bio-mechanical look of the first movies. I hate how they re-used Resurrection's Aliens in AVP, especially since they look like that because they are supposed to be hybrids of Humans and Aliens due to cloning Ripley and the Alien Queen.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2015, 02:35:59 AM
That's the idea but aside from one article he hasn't come out and confirmed it yet.

I just hope that he ignores the films, and doesn't acknowledge them.. Not because I thought they were bad (although Resurrection was boring from what I remember) but because I liked Alien 3 enough that I consider it a strong entry. It would be very upset if Blomkamp acknowledged the movie and wrote them out as either a terrible cryo-sleep dream or some other LSD trip plot device. To me that would be the worst thing he could do.. and I'm not emotionally invested in the Alien franchise as I am with Predator.

I would prefer it if he simply leave Alien 3 and Resurrection alone. This way if there are fans who don't like this movie, then they have a way out and an alternative route to follow and it would still be valid in a sense of the grand scheme of things.

More power to the fans.

Necro

Necro

Or how about he just straight up doesn't ***k with them? No retcon or alternate timeline nonsense needed...only hoping to what should be done..God I hope he knows what he's doing...also heard Chappie wasn't that great, who knows, I'll be watching it this weekend.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Necro on Mar 05, 2015, 03:23:16 AM
Or how about he just straight up doesn't ***k with them? No retcon or alternate timeline nonsense needed...only hoping to what should be done..God I hope he knows what he's doing...also heard Chappie wasn't that great, who knows, I'll be watching it this weekend.

He's made it very clear that he's not going to be following the continuity of Alien 3 and Resurrection. He's also made it clear that he's not going to write them out of the canon. So the last two movies are canon, but he's not following them.. How else is there to interpret this?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

He never said he was keeping the third and fourth films in continuity. He said that they went in a direction that he wasn't particularly fond of, and he's going to go in a different direction. He's mostly just trying to be respectful about the whole thing.

How could he possibly make a film with a living Hicks and Ripley post-Aliens that doesn't contradict 3?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2015, 04:40:57 AM
He never said he was keeping the third and fourth films in continuity. He said that they went in a direction that he wasn't particularly fond of, and he's going to go in a different direction. He's mostly just trying to be respectful about the whole thing.

I never said that he was following that continuity. All I did was repeat what he had said that he was not "undoing" them. Sure, you could argue that could mean one thing or another but as I see it, and I hope this is the case.. this movie is doing what Godzilla 1985 did when it served as a "true" sequel to the original 1959 film but rendered the Showa era films as an alternate continuity.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2015, 04:40:57 AM
How could he possibly make a film with a living Hicks and Ripley post-Aliens that doesn't contradict 3?

Exactly. He can't.. Of course we don't know how he will go about a retcon. I just hope he doesn't render them as dreams.

Necro

Necro

I'll give Blomkamp one thing...he's creating MASSIVE attention for his project and severely ****ing with everyone's minds ...clever b*stard...Thank you Shane Black for clarifying your statements soon and early when you announced Predator 4 instead of being an ahole like Blomkamp about it...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed