Alien 3 console games

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Mar 07, 2015, 11:54:22 PM

Author
Alien 3 console games (Read 8,031 times)

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

This topic is dedicated to the Alien 3 games that came out in the 90s: Sega Genesis (which was carted to NES, Game Gear, and C64), SNES, and Game Boy.  The Sega Genesis version was one of my favorite games as a kid (though it's repetitive bosses left something to be desired).  The SNES version perfectly captured the environment of the movie but required alot of patience.  Game Gear's version was clever but just about impossible to beat.

Darkness

Darkness

I had it for the Game Gear, Was actually the last game I ever bought for system.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Had it on the Megadrive (Genesis), the music was bodacious. Tough game though.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

When I was a lad I had it on SNES. I now own the Genesis version.

I like both versions. They both have flaws, but they are both fun games.

It just makes me wish there had been a SNES version of ALIENS, though. That's really what Alien 3 clearly wanted to be anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I brought this for the Mega Drive about 8 years ago when I saw in one of those bargain bins. I finally brought a Mega Drive last year.

I love it - I think it's really fun. The lack of saves or passwords infuriates me though. I don't know how you oldies played like this.

Darkness

Darkness

Why did you buy a Mega Drive? You can just as easy play on emulators. I hear you about the save issues though. I've just finished paying all the Sonic games on my Genesis emulator. Fortunately you have save states on the emulators. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I like the authentic feeling. I can't stand playing emulators. It's the same reason I still have a GB to play Thanatos Encounter from time to time.

Hemi

Hemi

I have them all except GG and Mastersystem. imo, Gameboy wins. That game was terrifying lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nearly picked up a Game Gear cartridge at the weekend. Don't have a Game Gear or anything.  :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

A friend of mine has  a Megadrive, so i'm gonna see if he has Alien 3 lol. I do remember playing this years ago and thought it was interesting when you had the dead prisoners glued to the walls and you had an army of aliens to fight against

Scorpio

Scorpio

Alien 3 for SNES was actually the first Alien game I ever played.  The best platform Alien game (IMO).  Captured the atmosphere of the movie perfectly and had some really decent graphics for the time.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 09, 2015, 10:08:43 AM
Why did you buy a Mega Drive? You can just as easy play on emulators. I hear you about the save issues though. I've just finished paying all the Sonic games on my Genesis emulator. Fortunately you have save states on the emulators.
http://www.compmike19.com/id571.htm

lost dragon

lost dragon

Thread Bump-Put up coverage of Amiga, C64 versions etc..so only fair MD version get featured here as well.

Hard to believe Nick Bruty and Nick Jones had never worked on the SNES hardware prior to doing Alien III.

Nick Jones had wanted to include the Power Loader from Aliens in Alien III, as well as the weapons.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Few more scans.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lol love the artwork for the article lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed