AvPGalaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator (2010)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2018, 09:11:42 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy's Let's Play Aliens vs. Predator (2010) (Read 60,826 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yep! That's the plan. Just working out way through a newer one first to get comfortable with the format.  :)

Samhain13

It's good that you guys are doing more stuff with the youtube channel. Let's plays on games of the series, talking about EU stuff and news on the upcoming movies can bring a lot of people to the community here. Youtube is pretty much the media now, so there is your chance to increase AVPGalaxy's outreach and if you start making enough views, gain some profit as well.

The podcasts are quite long, but if you can, posting them on youtube might help your channel too.

Corporal Hicks

We're releasing the Predator campaign this week!

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Not a bad game, but it was pretty clunky and unpolished.

I also have the double Wristblades they gave Predators in this game.
Meh, great video :D

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Hate*, not have.
Kek

ChanceVance

I can't remember if I did the Xeno one or not but I know for sure that the Predator campaign is one I managed to complete on Nightmare difficulty. That last fight against the Predalien/Abomination was very sweaty palms inducing, especially when I knew I was getting close to the end.   

prototypeXIII

i enjoyed this game it had so much potential.  If rebellion could remake this title out of the clutches of sega; it would have real potential.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Sorry about the delay on this, had some downloading and encoding issues but the next part of the Predator campaign is good to go!

Wweyland

Everything Predator related looks great in this game.

RidgeTop

And here's the next one:

Vertigo

The graphics still hold up - great character models, animations, lighting, texturing. Colour palette's a bit grey/brown dominated, but that's not rare in shooters.

I also like the use of Predator language and the HUD visuals. Takes a lot of cohones to record original sound for these creatures, rather than just ripping the effects straight from the films. Having the player's body rendered adds greatly to the role-playing factor. And the alien hive is probably still the most authentic-looking to date.

But. I'm immediately reminded why I can never bring myself to fully replay the game. It's pretty consoley in the worst way, with the quick-time-event glory kills, unfluid movement, focus jumping, small arsenal, limited options... And those glory kills do make me really uncomfortable. I don't want to jam wristblades into someone's eyes or impale someone arse-to-mouth, and I hate that I have to in order to play the game properly. I'd probably be okay with it if it just happened once or twice.

Also, it's strange to come back and look at those aliens now that we have Isolation. The rendering and animation is fantastic, but having them permanently crouched makes them look small. You don't feel the fear. The humans bug me too - not enough variety in faces or voice lines, and behaviour that just doesn't feel natural to me. I suppose it'd be hard to pick them off one by one if the marines all stuck together and formed firing lines, but perhaps this could be resolved by making Colonial Marine squads rare high-end opponents and have boggo security guards as the cannon fodder.

/Rant. There's a lot of good there, but a lot I don't like too. And thanks for doing these let's plays - it's good to hear your viewpoints on the subject. Also lets me appreciate parts of the game that I'd forgotten.

Corporal Hicks

Next mission is up!

Corporal Hicks

And the final mission is now up!

The Old One

The Old One

I've commented on every Marine part and the penultimate and final parts for the Predator, appreciate this playthrough.
Even if I vehemently disagree with you both in places. Looking forward to Specimen Six.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 24, 2018, 04:04:35 PM
And the final mission is now up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xie5-ZUJMIA

It always bothered me how short the pyramid levels were. So much potencial, the multiplayer map was very cool and creative. Good video.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed