What is the best ending for Hicks?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 07, 2020, 09:49:57 PM

Author
What is the best ending for Hicks? (Read 2,985 times)

Local Trouble

However...

One could say that Weyland-Yutani railroaded him, especially if we include the events of Gibson's Alien 3. 

Discuss.

Kradan

Kradan

I'll leave you the honor

Local Trouble

You could've had the UPP though.

Kradan

Kradan

I don't know what you're talking about, comrade

Local Trouble

СОЮЗ ПРОГРЕССИВНЫХ ЛЮДЕЙ !!!

Kradan

Kradan

Расстрелять

Spoiler
[close]

razeak

razeak

My biggest beef with his demise is ....well, see the egg on Sulaco thread. Also it certainly wouldn't have been difficult to also have him unarmed and in danger on Fury. He still could have died in some manner. Same for Newt. Something to give it a little story and see more character development.

Clemens literally filled the same role that Hicks could have. I don't mean profession. I mean that she loses Hicks, but finds another anchor in Clemens. Clemens was interesting and the performance was very good, but the series already had a character that had that role. He got offed offscreen only to have another character immediately fill that role. If Hicks dies in the infirmary, then it would have carried more weight for me as far as Ripley being on her own, because she would have lost someone that had already helped her emerge from a previous tribulation that saw her grow. Yes I know Hicks still dies in the Alien 3 we got lol, but growing that bond some more would have added the weight.

Dillon kind of filled that role also, just not in the way she wanted. He was the answer to her problem, one way or another.

It didn't have to be Pulse Rifles and Smartguns all over again just because Hicks would have been present.

The best ending for Hicks would have been anything with more growth before he either died or survived.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 24, 2019, 01:56:09 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PM
Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

Quote from: razeak on Jul 24, 2019, 02:15:36 AM
That would have worked well too.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

It would have maintained some mystery and given Ripley just a little more inner conflict at the end of the film if the fate of Newt and Hicks was not certain.

Huggs

Huggs

"Death, of course"

dave1978

I love ALien 3 but Hicks deserved another movie.  He would have made a better romantic interest story with Ripley than Clemens and he could have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Voodoo Magic

Wait, Hicks died?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: dave1978 on Mar 08, 2021, 09:19:42 AM
I love ALien 3 but Hicks deserved another movie.  He would have made a better romantic interest story with Ripley than Clemens and he could have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Seconded.

BlueMarsalis79

Real people don't go out in blazes of glory though, they die in freak accident crashes, like them.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 08, 2021, 02:55:59 PM
Real people don't go out in blazes of glory though, they die in freak accident crashes, like them.

A real person though, Hicks is not.

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed